1. Bozkurt M. An overlooked disorder in diagnosis and treatment: substance use disorder and social anxiety disorder: In Evren C. (editor) Comorbidities and special cases in alcohol and substance use disorders. İstanbul: Library of Dusunen Adam The Journal of Psychiatry and Neurological Sciences-5, Yerkure, 2019.
2. Evren C. Social anxiety disorder and alcohol use disorders. Current Approaches in Psychiatry 2010; 2:473-515.
3. Pacek LR, Storr CL, Mojtabai R, Green KM, La Flair LN, Alvanzo AA, et al. Comorbid alcohol dependence and anxiety disorders: a national survey. J Dual Diagn 2013; 9:10.1080/15504263.2013.835164.
4. Boschloo L, Vogelzangs N, Smit JH, van den Brink W, Veltman DJ, Beekman AT, et al. Comorbidity and risk indicators for alcohol use disorders among persons with anxiety and/or depressive disorders: findings from the Netherlands Study of Depression and Anxiety (NESDA). J Affect Disord 2011; 131:233-242.
5. Buckner JD, Heimberg RG, Schneier FR, Liu SM, Wang S, Blanco C. The relationship between cannabis use disorders and social anxiety disorder in the National Epidemiological Study of Alcohol and Related Conditions (NESARC). Drug Alcohol Depend 2012; 124:128-134.
6. Fatséas M, Denis C, Lavie E, Auriacombe M. Relationship between anxiety disorders and opiate dependence--a systematic review of the literature: implications for diagnosis and treatment. J Subst Abuse Treat 2010; 38:220-230.
7. Buckner JD, Timpano KR, Zvolensky MJ, Sachs-Ericsson N, Schmidt NB. Implications of comorbid alcohol dependence among individuals with social anxiety disorder. Depress Anxiety 2008; 25:1028-1037.
8. Crum RM, Pratt LA. Risk of heavy drinking and alcohol use disorders in social phobia: a prospective analysis. Am J Psychiatry 2001; 158:1693-1700.
9. Evren C, Aksoy R, Celik S, Cetin T, Tamar-Gurol D. Relationship of social anxiety severity with drinking motives among male alcohol dependent inpatients. European Psychiatry 2011; 26:35.
10. Rambau S, Forstner AJ, Wegener I, Mücke M, Wissussek CTS, Staufenbiel SM, et al. Childhood adversities, bonding, and personality in social anxiety disorder with alcohol use disorder. Psychiatry Res 2018; 262:295-302.
11. National Institute For Health and Care Excellence (NICE), National Collaborating Centre for Mental Heath. Social anxiety disorder: the NICE guideline on rocognition, assesment and treatment. Leicester: British Psychological Societty, 2013. https:// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK266258/pdf/Bookshelf_ NBK266258.pdf Accessed December 15, 2020.
12. Hesse M. Integrated psychological treatment for substance use and co-morbid anxiety or depression vs. treatment for substance use alone. A systematic review of the published literature. BMC Psychiatry 2009; 9:6.
13. Hobbs JD, Kushner MG, Lee SS, Reardon SM, Maurer EW. Metaanalysis of supplemental treatment for depressive and anxiety disorders in patients being treated for alcohol dependence. Am J Addict 2011; 20:319-329.