Dermoid cysts are developmental benign anomalies and comprise at least two germ layer tissue. Dermoid cyst is usually known to be of primordial germ cell origin; however, there are some rare cases in which they have been noticed in other midline and paraxial organs. Although they generally settle in ovaries, they might be found in other tissues such as urinary bladder. Dermoid cyst should be kept in mind as a differential diagnosis for unusual presentation and histopathological appearances in bladder mass and should also be known that there is no need for further following up. We report a case of a 47-year-old woman with bladder dermoid cyst being the first case report from Turkey as a bladder mass resected endoscopically.
1. Ayhan A, Bukulmez O, Genc C, Karamursel BS, Ayhan A. Mature cystic teratomas of the ovary: case series from one institution over 34 years. European journal of obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive biology 2000; 88: 153-157.
2. Hackethal A, Brueggmann D, Bohlmann MK, Franke FE, Tinneberg HR, Munstedt K. Squamous-cell carcinoma in mature cystic teratoma of the ovary: systematic review and analysis of published data. The Lancet Oncology 2008; 9: 1173-1180.
3. Pradhan P, Thapa M. Dermoid Cyst and its bizarre presentation. JNMA; journal of the Nepal Medical Association 2014; 52: 837-844.
4. Agrawal S, Khurana N, Mandhani A, Agrawal V, Jain M. Primary bladder dermoid: a case report and review of the literature. Urologia internationalis 2006; 77: 279-280.
5. Jain SK, Kaza RC, Vindal A, Bains L. Vesical dermoid: an unusual presentation. International journal of urology : official journal of the Japanese Urological Association 2010; 17: 824-825.
6. Kuyumcuoglu U, Kale A. Unusual presentation of a dermoid cyst that derived from the bladder dome presenting as subserosal leiomyoma uteri. Clinical and experimental obstetrics & gynecology 2008; 35: 309- 310.
7. Valizadeh A, Arend P, Diallo B, Kotowitz A, Pontus T. Dermoid cyst of the bladder: Case report. Acta urologica Belgica 1991; 59: 79-83
.8. Lidzki A. Dermoid Cyst of the Bladder: Case Report. Annals of surgery 1939; 109: 274-276.
9. Okeke LI, Ogun GO, Etukakpan BR, Iyama A, Adeoye AO, Duduyemi BM. Dermoid cyst of the urinary bladder as a differential diagnosis of bladder calculus: a case report. Journal of medical case reports 2007; 1: 32.
10. Agbreta N, Boutens A, Debodinance P. Dermoid cyst of the urachus: a case report and review of the literature. Journal de gynecologie, obstetrique et biologie de la reproduction 2006; 35: 75-78.
11. Misra S, Agarwal PK, Tandon RK, Wakhlu AK, Misra NC. Bladder teratoma: a case report and review of literature. Indian journal of cancer 1997; 34: 20-21.
12. Bhalla S, Masih K, Rana RS. Teratomas of rare sites: a review of ten cases. Journal of the Indian Medical Association 1991; 89: 291-294.
13. Sabnis RB, Bradoo AM, Desai RM, Bhatt RM, Randive NU. Primary benign vesical teratoma. A case report. Archivos espanoles de urologia 1993; 46: 444- 445.
14. Bhuiyan ZH, Akhter N, Islam MF, Khan SA, Tawhid MH. Pilimiction. Mymensingh medical journal : MMJ 2008; 17: 107-110.