Giriş: Obezite ile sıkı korelasyonu bulunan Nonalkolik yağlı karaciğer hastalığı (NYKH) sosyal statünün iyileşmesi ile birlikte dünya çapında yaygın olarak izlenen bir hastalıktır. Vücut kompozisyonu çalışmaları obezite tedavisi takibinde kullanılmaktadır. Vücut kitle indeksi (VKI) ile hepatosteatozis (HS) arasındaki ilişki iyi bilinmektedir. Çalışmamızda vücut kompozisyon parametrelerinin (VKP) hepatosteatoz teşhisindeki etkinliğinin dual bioimpedans analizör (BIA) kullanılarak araştırılması amaçlanmıştır. Yöntemler: NYKH tanısı almış 253 hasta çalışmaya dahil edildi. Yaş, cinsiyet, ve VKI gibi demografik parametreler ve ultrasonografik hepatosteatoz verileri kaydedildi. Total yağ kitlesi ve vücut yüzdesi, yağsız vücut kitlesi, total vücut suyu gibi BCP dual bioimpedans analizör ile değerlendirildi. Bulgular: Hem VKI ve HS, hem de VKP ve HS arasında istatistiksel olarak güçlü korelasyon olduğu izlendi (p0,05). Sonuç: Bulgularımıza göre, NAFLD hastalığında BCPnin kullanımının tanısal değeri olduğu sonucuna varılabilir.
Objective: Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) which is strongly correlated with obesity; has been a common worldwide health problem with the improvements in social status. Body composition studies are accepted as a simple follow-up tool for treatment of obesity. Since the correlation of body mass index (BMI) with the hepatos-teatosis (HS) is well known; the aim of this study was to assess the usefulness of body composition parameters (BCP) to determine HS on NAFLD patients; using dual bioimpedance analyzer (BIA). Methods: A total of 253 patients with diagnosis of NAFLD were included into the study. The demographic parameters such as age, sex and BMI were collected; and the ultrasonographic (US) evolution was performed to determine the HS stages. The BCP, such as amount and the percentage of total body fat, fat free mass, and total body water were assessed with the dual bioimpedance analyzer. Results: There were strong significant correlations between BMI and HS, between BCP and HS (p<0.05). However, no statistically significant superiority of BCP was found when compared with BMI regarding diagnostic value for NAFLD (p>0.05). Conclusion: According to our results, it can be concluded that BCP values may have a diagnostic value on diagnosis of NAFLD.
1. Milić S, Lulić D, timac D. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and obesity: Biochemical, metabolic and clinical presentations. World J Gastroenterol 2014; 20:9330.
2. Adams LA, Angulo P, Lindor KD. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. CMAJ 2005;172:899-905.
3. Torun E, Cindemir E, Özgen I, et al. Subclinical hypothy- roidism in obese children. Dicle Med J 2013;40:5-8.
4. Byrne C, Olufadi R, Bruce K, et al. Metabolic disturbances in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Clin Sci 2009;116:539- 564.
5. Milić S, timac D. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease/steato- hepatitis: epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical presentation and treatment. Dig Dis 2012;30:158-162.
6. Tandra S, Yeh MM, Brunt EM, et al. Presence and significance of microvesicular steatosis in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. J Hepatol 2011;55:654-659.
7. Attar BM, Van Thiel DH. Current concepts and management approaches in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. The Scientific World Journal 2013;2013.
8. Ahmed MH, Abu EO, Byrne CD. Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD): new challenge for general practitioners and important burden for health authorities? Prim Care Diabetes 2010;4:129-137.
9. James PT, Leach R, Kalamara E, et al. The worldwide obesity epidemic. Obes Res 2001;9:228-233.
10. Berghöfer A, Pischon T, Reinhold T, et al. Obesity prevalence from a European perspective: a systematic review. BMC Public Health 2008;8:200.
11. Yamakage H, Ito R, Tochiya M, et al. The utility of dual bioelectrical impedance analysis in detecting intra-abdominal fat area in obese patients during weight reduction therapy in comparison with waist circumference and abdominal CT. Endocr J 2014;61:807-819.
12. Zamrazilova H, Hlavaty P, Dusatkova L, et al. [A new simple method for estimating trunk and visceral fat by bioelectrical impedance: comparison with magnetic resonance imaging and dual X-ray absorptiometry in Czech adoles-cents]. Cas Lek Cesk 2010;149:417-422.
13. Lee SY, Gallagher D. Assessment methods in human body composition. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 2008;11:566.
14. Savastano S, Belfiore A, Di Somma C, et al. Validity of bioelectrical impedance analysis to estimate body composition changes after bariatric surgery in premenopausal morbidly women. Obes Surg 2010;20:332-339.
15. Miyawaki T, Hirata M, Moriyama K, et al. Metabolic syndrome in Japanese diagnosed with visceral fat measurement by computed tomography. Proceedings of the Japan Academy, Series B 2005;81:471-479.
16. Grundy SM, Brewer HB, Cleeman JI, et al. Definition of metabolic syndrome report of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute/American Heart Association Confer- ence on scientific issues related to definition. Circulation 2004;109:433-438.
17. Wang JG, Zhang Y, Chen HE, et al. Comparison of two bioelectrical impedance analysis devices with dual energy X-ray absorptiometry and magnetic resonance imaging in the estimation of body composition. J Strength Cond Res 2013;27:236-243.
18. Seidell JC. Obesity, insulin resistance and diabetes--a worldwide epidemic. Br J Nutr 2000;83 Suppl 1:5-8.
19. Nguyen NT, Magno CP, Lane KT, et al. Association of hypertension, diabetes, dyslipidemia, and metabolic syndrome with obesity: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999 to 2004. J Am Coll Surg 2008;207:928-934.
20. Buchwald H, Avidor Y, Braunwald E, et al. Bariatric surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Jama 2004;292:1724-1737.
21. Fu J-F, Shi H-B, Liu L-R, et al. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: An early mediator predicting metabolic syndrome in obese children? World J Gastroenterol 2011;17:735.
22. Bellentani S, Saccoccio G, Masutti F, et al. Prevalence of and risk factors for hepatic steatosis in Northern Italy. Ann Intern Med 2000;132:112-117.
23. Browning JD, Szczepaniak LS, Dobbins R, et al. Prevalence of hepatic steatosis in an urban population in the United States: Impact of ethnicity. Hepatology 2004;40:1387- 1395.
24. Ayvaz G, Çimen AR. Methods for body composition analysis in adults. Open Obes J 2011;3:62-69.