Öz In this study, electromagnetic shielding and solar properties of woven fabrics which were produced barium titanate/polyester bicomponent yarns were investigated. 1, 2 and 3% additive ratios of barium titanate and three different fabric structures (1/1 plain, sateen and special weave) were used in the experiments. The effect of additive ratio and the fabric structure on electromagnetic shielding properties were evaluated. Electromagnetic Shielding Effectiveness (EMSE) of the woven fabrics was determined according to the ASTM D4935-10 standard by using coaxial transmission line measurement technique in the frequency range of 15–3000 MHz. The fabric with the highest content of the barium titanate (3%) and special weave showed the highest shielding effectiveness, reaching 13.96 dB at 15 MHz. The solar properties were measured according to EN14500 using a UV/VIS/NIR spectrophotometer and results were calculated according to EN 410 standard. The reflectance values of barium titanate added polyester fabrics increased and the transmittance values decreased.
1. Malik P, Sharma A, Gianender, Sharma JP. 2018. Textiles for protection against electromagnetic radiations: A review. Pratibha Malik Journal of Engineering Research and Application, 8(6), 32-37.
2. Bonaldi RR, Siores E, Shah T. 2014. Characterization of electromagnetic shielding fabrics obtained from carbon nanotube composite coatings. Synthetic Metals, 187, 1-8.
3. Chen AP, Lin CM, Lin CW, Hsieh CT, Lou CW, Young YH, Lin JH. 2010. Electromagnetic shielding effectiveness and manufacture technique of functional bamboo charcoal/metal composite woven. Advanced Materials Research, 123, 967-970.
4. Das A, Kothari VK, Kothari A, Kumar A. 2009. Effect of various parameters on electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of textile fabrics. Indian Journal of Fibre &Textile Research, 34, 144-148.
5. Maity S, Chatterjee A. 2018. Conductive polymer-based electro-conductive textile composites for electromagnetic interference shielding: A review. Journal of Industrial Textiles, 2018; 47. 8: 2228-2252.
6. Neruda M, Vojtech L. 2014. Modelling of conductive textile materials for shielding purposes and RFID textile antennas. Elektronika IR Elektrotechnika, 20(8), 63-67.
7. Ott HW, Ott HW. 1988. Noise reduction techniques in electronic systems. New York: Wiley.
8. Chen KB, Lee KC, Ueng TH, Mou KJ. 2002. Electrical and impact properties of the hybrid knitted inlaid fabric reinforced polypropylene composites, Composites Part A, 33(9), 1219–1226.
9. Cheng KB, Cheng TW, Lee KC, Ueng TH, Hsing WH. 2003. Effect of yarn constituent and fabric specifications on electrical properties of hybrid woven fabrics, Composites Part A, 34(10), 971–978.
10. Dordevic Z. 1992. Textile fabric shielding electro-magnetic radiation and clothing made thereof. 5,103,504. U.S.
11. Lin ZI, Lou CW, Pan Y J, Hsieh CT, Huang CH, Huang CL, ..., Lin JH. 2017. Conductive fabrics made of polypropylene/multi-walled carbon nanotube coated polyester yarns: Mechanical properties and electromagnetic interference shielding effectiveness. Composites Science and Technology, 141, 74-82.
12. Gültekin BC. 2018. Evaluation of the electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of carbon-based screen printed polyester fabrics. Fibers and Polymers, 19(2), 313-320.
13. Duran D, Kadoğlu H. 2015. Electromagnetic shielding characterization of conductive woven fabrics produced with silver-containing yarns. Textile Research Journal, 85(10), 1009-1021.
14. Örtlek HG. Güneşoğlu C, Okyay G, Türkoğlu Y. 2012. Investigation of electromagnetic shielding and comfort properties of single jersey fabrics knitted from hybrid yarns containing metal wire. Journal Of Textile & Apparel, 22(2), 90-101.
15. Özdemir H, Özkurt A. 2013. The effects of weave and conductive yarn density on the electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of cellular woven fabrics. Journal Of Textile & Apparel, 23(2).
16. Eren S, Ulcay Y. 2015. Production of bi-component polyester fibres for EMR (electromagnetic radiation) protection and examining EMR shielding characteristics. Journal Of Textile & Apparel, 25(2).
17. Özen MS, Sancak E, Soin N, Shah TH, Siores E. 2016. Investigation of electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of needle punched nonwoven fabric produced from conductive silver coated staple polyamide fibre. The Journal of The Textile Institute,107(7), 912-922.
18. Ni QQ, Melvin GJH, Natsuki T. 2015. Double-layer electromagnetic wave absorber based on barium titanate/carbon nanotube nanocomposites. Ceramics International, 41(8), 9885-9892.
19. Qiu J, Qiu T. 2015. Fabrication and microwave absorption properties of magnetite nanoparticle–carbon nanotube–hollow carbon fiber composites. Carbon, 81, 20-28.
20. Wang Z, Wu L, Zhou J, Cai W, Shen B, Jiang Z. 2013. Magnetite nanocrystals on multiwalled carbon nanotubes as a synergistic microwave absorber. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 117(10), 5446-5452.
21. Zhu Y-F, Ni Q-Q, Fu Y-Q. 2015. One-dimensional barium titanate coated multi-walled carbon nanotube heterostructures: synthesis and electromagnetic absorption properties RSC Advances, 5, 3748–3756.
22. Yusoff AN, Abdullah MH, Ahmad SH, Jusoh SF, Mansor AA, Hamid, SAA. 2002. Electromagnetic and absorption properties of some microwave absorbers Journal of Applied Physics, 92, 876–882.
23. Melvin GJH, Ni QQ, Natsuki T. 2014. Electromagnetic wave absorption properties of barium titanate/carbon nanotube hybrid nanocomposites. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 615, 84-90.
24. Melvin GJH. Ni QQ, Natsuki T, Wang Z, Morimoto S, Fujishige M,…, Endo M. 2015. Ag/CNT nanocomposites and their single-and double-layer electromagnetic wave absorption properties. Synthetic Metals, 209, 383-388.
25. Melvin GJH, Ni QQ, Suzuki Y, Natsuki T. 2014. Microwave-absorbing properties of silver nanoparticle/carbon nanotube hybrid nanocomposites. Journal of Materials Science, 49(14), 5199-5207.
26. Saini P, Arora M, Gupta G, Gupta BK, Singh VN, Choudhary V. 2013. High permittivity polyaniline–barium titanate nanocomposites with excellent electromagnetic interference shielding response. Nanoscale, 5(10), 4330-4336.
27. Saini P, Arora M. 2013. Formation mechanism, electronic properties & microwave shielding by nano-structured polyanilines prepared by template free route using surfactant dopants. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 1(31), 8926-8934.
28. Ting TH, Jau YN, Yu RP. 2012. Microwave absorbing properties of polyaniline/multi-walled carbon nanotube composites with various polyaniline contents. Applied Surface Science, 58(7), 3184-3190.
29. Makeiff DA, Huber T. 2006. Microwave absorption by polyaniline–carbon nanotube composites. Synthetic Metals, 156(7-8), 497-505.
30. Vijatović MM, Bobić JD, Stojanović BD. 2008. History and challenges of barium titanate: part II. Science of Sintering, 403, 235–244.
31. Kilic A, Shim E, Yeom BY, Pourdeyhimi B. 2013. Improving electret properties of PP filaments with barium titanate. Journal of Electrostatics,711, 41–47.
32. Yu CR, Wu DM, Liu Y, Qiao H, Yu ZZ, Dasari A,…, Mai YW. 2011. Electrical and dielectric properties of polypropylene nanocomposites based on carbon nanotubes and barium titanate nanoparticles. Composites Science and Technology, 7115, 1706–1712.
33. Cai MQ, Yin Z, Zhang MS. 2003. First-principles study of optical properties of barium titanate. Applied Physics Letter, 83(14), 2805-2807.
34. Xiang B, Zhang J. 2018. A new member of solar heat-reflective pigments: BaTiO3 and its effect on the cooling properties of ASA (acrylonitrile-styrene-acrylate copolymer). Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells,180,67-75.
35. Cai W, Fu C, Gao J, Guo Q, Deng X, Zhang C. 2011. Preparation and optical properties of barium titanate thin films. Physica B: Condensed Matter, 406(19), 3583-3587.
36. Celen R, Ulcay Y. 2019. Investigating electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of knitted fabrics made by barium titanate/polyester bicomponent yarn. Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, 14, 1558925019837806.
37. Committee for Conformity Assessment of Accreditation and Certification on Functional and Technical Textiles. 2005. Specified requirements of electromagnetic shielding textiles.(Standard No. FTTS-FA-003). Taipei/Taiwan.
38. Yildirim K, Kanber A, Karahan M, Karahan N. 2018. The solar properties of fabrics produced using different weft yarns. Textile Research Journal, 88(13), 1543-1558.
39. Kim B, Koncar V, Devaux E, Dufour C, Viallier P. 2004. Electrical and morphological properties of PP and PET conductive polymer fibers. Synthetic Metals, 146(2), 167-174.
40. Yu B, Qi L, Ye JZ, Sun H. 2007. Preparation and radar wave absorbing characterization of bicomponent fibers with infrared camouflage. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 104(4), 2180-2186.
41. Tezel S, Kavuşturan Y, Vandenbosch GA, Volski V. 2014. Comparison of electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of conductive single jersey fabrics with coaxial transmission line and free space measurement techniques. Textile Research Journal, 845, 461–476.
42. Ortlek HG. Kilic G, Okyay G, Bilgin S. 2011. Electromagnetic shielding characteristics of different fabrics knitted from yarns containing stainless steel wire. Industria Textila, 62(6), 304–308.
43. Lin JH, Lou CW, Liu HH. 2007. Process and anti-electrostatic properties of knitted fabric made from hybrid staple/metallic-core spun yarn. Journal of Advanced Materials, 39(1), 11-16.
44. Liu Z, Wang XC. 2012. Influence of fabric weave type on the effectiveness of electromagnetic shielding woven fabric. Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, 26(14-15), 1848-1856.
45. Okyay G, Bilgin S, Akgul E, Ortlek HG. 2011. Farklı yapılardaki dokuma kumaşların elektromanyetik ekranlama özelliklerinin incelenmesi. Tekstil Teknolojileri Elektronik Dergisi, 5(1), 1-10.
46. Su J, Zhang J. 2016. Preparation and properties of barium titanate (BaTiO3) reinforced high density polyethylene (HDPE) composites for electronic application. Journal of Material Science, 27(5), 4344–4350.
47. Qing Y, Mu Y, Zhou Y, Luo ., Zhu D, Zhou W. 2014. Multiwalled carbon nanotubes– BaTiO3/silica composites with high complex permittivity and improved electromagnetic interference shielding at elevated temperature. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 34, 2229– 2237.
48. Melvin GJH, Ni QQ, Wang Z. 2017. Performance of barium titanate@carbon nanotube nanocomposite as an electromagnetic wave absorber. Physica Status Solidi A, 214(2), 160054.