Enhancing Security and Privacy Orientation of Wireless Body Area Network in EHealth System
Enhancing Security and Privacy Orientation of Wireless Body Area Network in EHealth System
Low computational power of wireless sensors and the multicast form of transmission exhibited by WBAN make it susceptible to several security and privacy issues. Due to these, many security and privacy preservation approaches had been proposed to secure and preserve privacy of nodes in WBAN. However, the inherent low computational power which characterises WBAN nodes made most of these approaches inefficient for the networks. This paper proposes a lightweight two-way but coordinated perturbation scheme for obfuscating both the identities and measurements of the sensor nodes in the network. This coordination eliminates security and privacy problems associated with perturbs exchange during reconstruction. The proposed scheme was evaluated by simulating the scheme and using output of digital ECG samples as a WBAN nodeâ€™s measurements. The simulation results show that the perturbation perform under a considerable time t = 0.67s efficiently obfuscated the node measurements.
- V. Agrawal. ”Security and privacy issues in wireless sensor networks for healthcare”. In Internet of Things, User-Centric IoT, LNICST 150, Springer, Cham, pages 223-228, 2015.
- P. Gong, T. Chen, and Q. Xu. ”ETARP: An Energy Efficient Trust-Aware Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”. Journal of Sensors, 2015(1), pages 1-10, 2014.
- C. Karlof, and D. Wagner. ”Secure routing in wireless sensor networks: attacks and countermeasures”. Journal of Ad Hoc Networks, 1(2003), pages 293-315, 2003.
- F. Huei-Wen, and D. Rachmarini. ”A secure routing protocol for wireless sensor networks with consideration of energy effi- ciency”. In IEEE Network Operations and Management Sympo- sium (NOMS), pages 105-112, 2012.
- D. Ruslan and R. Gill. ”Securing While Sampling in Wireless Body Area Networks With Application to Electrocardiography”. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 20(1), pages 1-7, 2016.
- A. Matthew, and S. Thomas. ”General Deviants: An Analysis of Perturbations in Compressed Sensing”. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, 4(2), pages 342-349, 2010.
- Z. Erkin and G. Tsudik. ”Private Computation of Spatial and Temporal Power Consumption with Smart Meters”. Proceedings of the 10th international conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security, LNCS 7341, pages 561-577, 2012.
- F. Lei, J. Sun, S. Papdimitriou, G. Mihaila, and I. Stanoi. ”Hiding in the Crowd: Privacy Preservation on Evolving Streams through Correlation Tracking”. Proceeding of IEEE 23rd International Conference on Data Eng. (ICDE), pages 1-10, 2007.
- M. Li, S. Yu, K. Ren, and W. Lou. ”Securing Personal health records in cloud computing: Patient-centric and fine-grained data access control in multi-owner settings”. International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Systems, LNICST 50, pages 89-106, 2010.
- K. Zhang, R. Lu, X. Liang, J. Qiao, and X. Shen. ”PARK: A privacy-preserving aggregation scheme with adaptive key management for smart grid”. In Proceedings of IEEE/CIC Inter- national Conference on Communications in China (ICCC ’13), pages 236-241, 2013.
- J. Ni, k. Zhang, X. Lin, and X. Shen. ”EDAT: Efficient data aggregation without TTP for privacy-assured smart metering”. In Proceedings of Communication and Information Systems Security Symposium, pages 1-6, 2016.
- L. Guo, C. Zhang, J. Sun and Y. Fang. ”PAAS: A privacy- preserving attribute-based authentication system for eHealth net- works”. 32nd IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pages 224-232, 2012.
- Y. Lee, S. Han, B. Chung, and D. Lee. ”Anonymous authen- tication system using group signature”. IEEE Proceedings of International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software, pages 1235-1239, 2009.
- D. Boneh and B. Lynn, and H. Shacham. ”Short signature from the weil pairing”. Journal of Cryptology, 17(4), pages 297319, 2004.
- D. He, M. Khan, and N. kumar. ”A new handover authenti- cation protocol based on bilinear pairing functions for wireless networks”. International Journal of Ad hoc and ubiquitous com- puting, 18(2), pages 67-74, 2015.
- C. Rong, H. Cheng. ”Authenticated Health Monitoring Scheme for Wireless Body Sensor Networks”. Proceedings of 7th Inter- national Conference on Body Area Networks, pages 31-35, 2012.
- D. Ramesh, and R. Priya. ”Multi-authority scheme based CP- ABE with attribute revocation for cloud data storage”. Interna- tional Conference on Microelectronics, Computing and Commu- nications (MicroCom), pages 1-4, 2016.
- X. Zhihua, L. Zhang, and D. Liu. ”Attribute-based access control scheme with efficient revocation in cloud computing.” China Communications, 13(7), pages 92-99, 2016.
- V. Goyal, O. Pandey, A. Sahai, and B. Waters. ”Attribute- based encryption for fine-grained access control of encrypted data”. Proceedings of the 13th ACM conference on Computer and communications security, pages 89-98, 2006.
- M. Chase, and S. Chow, ”Improving privacy and security in multi-authority attribute-based encryption”. Proceedings of the 16th ACM conference on Computer and communications security, pages 121-130, 2009.
- X. Mao, J. Lai, Q. Mei, K. Chen, and J. Weng. ”Generic and efficient construction of attribute-based encryption with verifiable outsourced decryption”. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 13(5), pages 1-14, 2016.
- K. Nomura, M. Mohri, and Y. Shiraishi. ”Attribute Revoca- ble Attribute-Based Encryption for Decentralized Disruption- Tolerant Military Networks.” IEEE Third International Sympo- sium on Computing and Networking (CANDAR), pages 491-494, 2015.
- Z. Erkin, J. Troncoso-Pastoriza, R. Lagendijk, and F. Perez- Gonzalez. ”Privacy-preserving data aggregation in smart meter- ing systems: an overview”. Signal Processing Magazine, 30(2), pages 75-86, 2013.
- H. Lin, W. Tzeng, S. Shen, and B. Lin. ”A practical smart metering system supporting privacy preserving billing and load moitoring”. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security, pages 544-560, 2012.
- Z. Shi, R. Sun, R. Lu, L. Chen, J.Chen, and X. Shen. ”Diverse grouping based aggregation protocol with error detection for smart grid communications”. IEEE Transaction on Smart Grid, 6(6), pages 2856-2868, 2015.
- L. Min, Z. Shi, R. Lu, R. Sun, and X. Sherman. ”PPPA: A practical privacy-preserving aggregation scheme for smart grid communications”. IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China (ICCC), pages 692-697, 2013.
- L. Shinyoung, T. Oh, Y. Choi, and T. Lakshman. ”Security issues on wireless body area network for remote healthcare monitoring”. IEEE International Conference on Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous, and Trustworthy Computing (SUTC), pages 327-332, 2010.
- S. Al-Janabi, I. Al-Shourbaji, M. Shojafar, S. Shamshirband. ”Survey of main challenges (security and privacy) in wireless body area networks for healthcare applications”. Egyptian Infor- matics Journal, 18(2), pages 113-22, 2017.
- S. Chatterjee, A. Das, J. Sing. ”A novel and efficient user access control scheme for wireless body area sensor networks”. Journal of Computer and Information Sciences, 26(2), pages 181-201, 2014.  M. Scott. ”Efcient Implementation of Crypto- graphic ss07.rhul.ac.uk/Slides/Thursday/mscott-samos07.pdf Available: http://ecrypt
- K. Manoj. ”Security issues and privacy concerns in the im- plementation of wireless body area network”. In International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT), pages 58-62, 2014.
- M. Li, W. Lou, K. Ren. ”Data security and privacy in wireless body area networks, IEEE Wireless Communications”. 17(1), pages 51-58, 2010.
- D. David, A. Jeyachandran. ”A comprehensive survey of secu- rity mechanisms in healthcare applications”. International Con- ference on Communication and Electronics Systems (ICCES), pages 1-6, 2016.
- H. Haiping, T. Gong, and N. Ye. ”Private and Secured Medical Data Transmission and Analysis for Wireless Sensing Healthcare System”. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 13(3), pages 1227-1237, 2017.
- S. Li, Z. Hong, and C. Jie. ”Public Auditing Scheme for Cloud- Based Wireless Body Area Network”. IEEE/ACM 9th Interna- tional Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC), pages 375-381, 2016.
- L. Yao, J. Gu, and M. Tang. ”Privacy Protection Based Retrieval on WBAN Big Data”. IEEE 18th International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications, pages 876- 882, 2016.
- A. Zhang, L. Wang, X. Ye, and X. Lin. ”Light-Weight and Robust Security-Aware D2D-Assist Data Transmission Protocol for Mobile-Health Systems”. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 12(3), pages 662-675, 2017.
- N. Khernane, M. Potop-Butucaru, C. Chaudet. ” BANZKP: A Secure Authentication Scheme Using Zero Knowledge Proof for WBANs”. IEEE 13th International Conference on Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), pages 307-315, 2016.
- H. Ji, W. Han, and L. Zhao. ”Certificateless generalized signcryption”, Cryptology eprint Archive, [Online]. Available: http://eprint.iacr.org/ 2010/204.pdf.
- P. Kushwah and S. Lai. ”An efficient identity based generalized signcryption scheme”, Cryptology eprint Archive, Tech.,[Online]. Available: http://eprint.iacr.org/ 2010/346.pdf.
- C. Zhou, W. Zhou, and X. Dong. ”Provable certificateless generalized signcryption scheme”. Journal of Design, Codes Cryptography, 71(2), pages 331-346, 2014.
- W. Shi, N. Kumar, P. Gong, and Z. Zhang. ”Cryptanalysis and improvement of a certificateless signcryption scheme without bilinear pairing”. Frontiers Computer Science, 8(4), pages 656- 666, 2014.
- Z. Liping, S. Tang, and H. Luo. ”Elliptic curve cryptography- based authentication with identity protection for smart grids.” PloS one, 11(3), pages 1-15, 2016.
- B. Michael, and S. Meiser. ”Differentially private smart me- tering with battery recharging”. In Conference on Data Privacy Management and Autonomous Spontaneous Security, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, pages 194-212, 2014.
- X. Li, Y. Zhang, X. Liu, J. Cao and Q. Zhao. ”A Lightweight Roaming Authenticaton Protocol for Anonymous Wireless Communication”. IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), pages 1029-1034, 2012.
"Enhancing Security and Privacy Orientation of Wireless Body Area Network in EHealth System",
26-38, Eyl. 2017