Objective: This study was aimed to evaluate the task-dependent manual laterality during fine coordination and grapho-motor tests in school children. Materials and Methods: We used two action tests (transitive and intransitive) to assess fine coordination skills and a tablet PC to assess number of strokes, pressure, speed and quality in a figure-tracing skill test, among 20 school children (12 girls and 8 boys) of second grade (7-8 years old). Results: Two-way RM-ANOVA (side × gender) revealed better values in the transitive task on the dominant side (p
Amaç: Bu çalışma ile okul çocuklarında ince koordinasyon ve grapho-motor testleri sırasında göreve bağlı manuel lateralitenin değerlendirilmesi amaçlandı. Gereç ve Yöntem: 20 okul çocuğunun (12 kız, 8 erkek; ikinci sınıf, 7-8 yaş) ince koordinasyon becerilerini değerlendirmek için iki eylem testi (geçişli ve geçişsiz) ve tablet bilgisayar kullanılarak şekil izleme beceri testi ile vuruş sayısı, basıncı, hızı ve kalitesi değerlendirildi. Bulgular: İki yönlü RM-ANOVA (yan × cinsiyet) baskın taraftaki geçiş görevinde daha iyi değerler ortaya koydu (p
1. Michel GF, Nelson EL, Babik I, et al. Multiple trajectories in the developmental psychobiology of human handedness. Adv Child Dev Behav. 2013;45:227–60.
2. Nelson EL, Campbell JM, Michel GF. Unimanual to bimanual: tracking the development of handedness from 6 to 24 months. Infant Behav Dev. 2013 Apr;36(2):181–8.
3. Gooderham SE, Bryden PJ. Does your dominant hand become less dominant with time? The effects of aging and task complexity on hand selection. Dev Psychobiol. 2014 Apr;56(3):537–46.
4. Ittyerah M, Gaunet F, Rossetti Y. Pointing with the left and right hands in congenitally blind children. Brain Cogn. 2007 Jul;64(2):170–83.
5. de Kovel CGF, Carrión-Castillo A, Francks C. A largescale population study of early life factors influencing left-handedness. Sci Rep 2019 Dec;9(1):584
6. Matheis M, Estabillo JA. Assessment of Fine and Gross Motor Skills in Children. In: Matson JL, editor. Handbook of Childhood Psychopathology and Developmental Disabilities Assessment Cham: Springer International Publishing; 2018. p. 467–84.
7. Axford C, Joosten AV, Harris C. iPad applications that required a range of motor skills promoted motor coordination in children commencing primary school. Aust Occup Ther J. 2018 Apr;65(2):146–55.
8. Čičević S, Dobrodolac M, Trifunović A, et al. Difference in psychomotor skills while working on tablets pc and smartphones. IETI Trans Ergon Saf. 2017;1(2):29–37.
9. Martzog P, Stoeger H, Suggate S. Relations between Preschool Children’s Fine Motor Skills and General Cognitive Abilities. J Cogn Dev. 2019 Aug 8;20(4):443– 65.
10. Stich HL, Krämer A, Mikolajczyk RT. Clustering of developmental delays in Bavarian preschool children - a repeated cross-sectional survey over a period of 12 years. BMC Pediatr. 2014 Jan 23;14:18.
11. Toomela A. Drawing as a verbally mediated activity: A study of relationships between verbal, motor, and visuospatial skills and drawing in children. Int J Behav Dev. 2002 May 1;26(3):234–47.
12. Suggate S, Pufke E, Stoeger H. Do fine motor skills contribute to early reading development? J Res Read. 2018;41(1):1–19.
13. Scordella A, Di Sano S, Aureli T, et al. The role of general dynamic coordination in the handwriting skills of children. Front Psychol. 2015 May 7;6:580
14. Dayem TSAE, Salem EE, Hadidy EIE. Correlation between Gross Motor Activities and Hand Writing Skills in Elementary School Children. Trends Appl Sci Res. 2015 May 1;10(5):259–69.
15. Mamen A, Fredriksen PM. Anthropometric measures as fitness indicators in primary school children: The Health Oriented Pedagogical Project (HOPP). Scand J Public Health. 2018 May;46(21_suppl):48–53.
16. Ruiz JR, España VR, Castro JP, et al. [ALPHA-fitness test battery: health-related field-based fitness tests assessment in children and adolescents]. Nutr Hosp. 2011;26(6):1210–4.
17. Giammarco E, Di Sano S, Aureli T, et al. Psychological and Physiological Processes in Figure-Tracing Abilities Measured Using a Tablet Computer: A Study with 7 and 9 Years Old Children. Front Psychol. 2016 Oct 18;7:1528
18. Zoia S, Biancotto M, Guicciardi M, et al. An evaluation of the Movement ABC-2 Test for use in Italy: A comparison of data from Italy and the UK. Res Dev Disabil 2019 Jan;84:43-56
19. Bruininks RH, Bruininks BD. Bruininks-Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency, Second Edition. AGS Publ [Internet]. 2005
20. Maffeis C, Banzato C, Talamini G. Waist-to-Height Ratio, a Useful Index to Identify High Metabolic Risk in Overweight Children. J Pediatr. 2008 Feb;152(2):207- 213.e2.
21. de Onis M, Onyango AW, Borghi E, et al. Development of a WHO growth reference for school-aged children and adolescents. Bull World Health Organ. 2007 Sep;85(9):660–7.
22. Valerio G, Maffeis C, Saggese G, et al. Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of pediatric obesity: consensus position statement of the Italian Society for Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology and the Italian Society of Pediatrics. Ital J Pediatr 2018 Dec; 44(1):88
23. Kolimechkov S, Petrov L, Alexandrova A. Alpha-fit test battery norms for children and adolescent from 5 to 18 years of age obtained by a linear interpolation of existing European physical fitness references. Eur J Phys Educ Sport Sci 2019;5(4) doi: 10.5281/zenodo.254636
24. Howells H, Thiebaut de Schotten M, Dell’Acqua F, et al. Frontoparietal Tracts Linked to Lateralized Hand Preference and Manual Specialization. Cereb Cortex 2018 Jul 1;28(7):2482–94.
25. Meulenbroek RGJ, Van Galen GP, Hulstijn M, et al. Muscular co-contraction covaries with task load to control the flow of motion in fine motor tasks. Biol Psychol. 2005 Mar;68(3):331–52.
26. Moulton E, Galléa C, Kemlin C, et al. Cerebello-Cortical Differences in Effective Connectivity of the Dominant and Non-dominant Hand during a Visuomotor Paradigm of Grip Force Control. Front Hum Neurosci. 2017;11:511.
27. Kirby KM, Pillai SR, Carmichael OT, et al. Brain functional differences in visuo-motor task adaptation between dominant and non-dominant hand training. Exp Brain Res. 2019 Dec;237(12):3109–21.
28. Krombholz H. Motor and cognitive performance of overweight preschool children. Percept Mot Skills. 2013 Feb;116(1):40–57.
29. Mazoyer B, Zago L, Jobard G, et al. Gaussian Mixture Modeling of Hemispheric Lateralization for Language in a Large Sample of Healthy Individuals Balanced for Handedness. PLoS ONE. 2014 Jun 30; 9(6):e101165.