Ureteropelvic junction (UPI) obstruction poses diagnostic challenge when the patient arrives at the emergency department with severe recurrent back pain without previous record of this condition. Extrinsic factors including crossing vessels or intrinsic factors such as adynainic segment of proximal ureter can cause UPJ obstruction. We report case of 16 year-old female patient with ureteropelvic junction syndrome occm'rmg at adolescence. caused by two accessory vessels. She was submitted to laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty with favorable outcome.
1. Misln'a. A. Crossing renal vessel causing ureteropelvic junction obstruction. Saudi Med J. 2006'. 27(9):1415-17.
2. Cain MP, Rink RC, Thomas AC. Austin PF. Kaefer M. Casale AJ. Symptomatic ureteropelvic junction obstruction in children in the era of prenatal sonography-is there higher incidence of crossing vessels? 2001:57(2):338-41.
3. Tsai JD. Huang FY. Lin CC. Tsai Uro lo gy. TC. Lee HC. Sheu JC. et al. Intermittent hydronepln'osis ureteropelvic junction obstruction: clinical and imaging features. Pediatrics. 2006] 17(1): 139-46.
4. Nerli RB. ayanthi VR. Reddy M. Koura A. Pelvi--ureteric junction obstruction With crossing renal vessels: case report of failed laparoscopic vascular hitch. Pediatr Urol. 2009:5(2):147-50. uı
the kidney 111: Adult and Pediatric Urology. 4"ı ed. G.I. Gillenwater IY. Howards SS. Mitchell ME (Eds). 2002. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and "Wilkins.
6. Hacker HW. Szavay P. Dittniarm H. Haber HP. Fuchs J. children: is there difference in patients with or without crossing lower pole vessel? Pediatr Surg Int. 2009;25(7):607-- ll.
7. Schneider A. Ferreira CG. Delay C. Lacreuse I. Moog R. Becmeur P. Lower pole vessels in children with pelviureteric junction obstruction: laparoscopic vascular hitch or dismembered pyelopla sty'? Pediatr Urol. 2013:9(4):419-23.
8. Kidney Disea se: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) CKD îWorl; Group. secondary to Koff SA. Mutabagani KH. Anomalies of Pyeloplasty in
10. Stein IM. ll. KDIGO 2012 Clinical Practice Guideline for the Evaluation and Management of Chronic Kidney Disease. Kidney inter.. Suppl. 20l3: 3: 1--150.
Khan F. Ahmed K. Lee N. Challacombe B. Khan MS. Dasgupta P. Management of ureteropelvic junction in adults. Nat Rev Urol. 2014:1l(11):629-38. Park S. Anderson IK.
Landman J. Pearle M. Cadeddu IA. Functional assessment of crossing vessels as etiology of ureteropelvic junction obstruction. Uro lo gy. 2007:69(6):1022-4.
Herts BR. Helical CT and CT angiography for the identification of crossing vessels at the ureteropelvic junction. Urol Clin North Ain. 1998; 25(2}:259-69.