Omphalocele5 exstrophy of cloaca, imperforate anus and spinal defect (OEIS Complex) is an extremely rare combination of serious defects. which was firstly described by Carey and colleagues. Surgical repair of cloacal exctrophy in patients with OEIS complex can be performed at one stage, but it can also be performed safely.r as staged to minimize the potential complications. In this case report. we aimed to present our early approach to the OEIS complex.
1. Carey JC. Greenbaum B. Hall BD. The OEIS complex (oıııplıalocele. exstrophy. imperforate anus. spinal defects). Birth Defects Orig Artie Ser. 1973:14(6B):253— 63. |'s) Hurwitz RS. Manzoni GA. Ransley PG. Stephens FD. loacal exstrophy: report of 34 cases. Urol. l987:138(4 Pt 31060-1064.
3. Keppler-Noreuil KM. OEIS complex (omphalocele-exstrophy—imperforate anus-spinal defects): review of 14 cases. Am Med Genet. 2001:99(4):271- 279.
4. Lee DH. ottrell JR. Sanders RC. Meyers 1999;84:29—33.
5. El-Hattab AW. Skorupski JC. Hsieh MH. Breman AM. Patel A. Cheung SW. et al. OEIS complex associated with chromosome lp36 deletion: case report and review. Am Med Genet A. 2010:152A(2):504-511.
6. Meglin AJ. Balotin RI. Jelinek JS. Fishman EK. Jeffs RD. Ghaed V. Cloacal exstrophy: radiologic findings in 13 patients. AJR Am Roentgenol. 1990;155(6):1267-1272.
?. Tiblad E. Wilson RD. Carr M. Flake AW. Hedrick H. Johnson MP. et a1. OEIS exstrophy: contemporary series. Pediatr Urol. 2007:3(4):311-315.
l4. Ben-Chaim J. Peppas DS. Sponseller PD. Jeffs RD. Geaı'lıaıt JP. Applications sequence--a rare congenital anomaly with prenatal evaluation and postnatal outcome in six cases. Prenat Diagn. 2008:28(2):141-147.
Woo LL. Thomas JC. John W. Brock JW. Bladder and loacal Exstrophy. In: ("oran AG (ed). Pediatric Surgery. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Mosby: 2012. pp. 1515- 1529.
Purves .TJT. Gearhart JP. The bladder exstroph)’ —epispadias- cloacal exstrophy complex. In: Gearhait JP. Rink RC. Mouriquand PDE (eds). Pediatric Urology. 2Ml ed. Philadelphia: WB. Saunders: 2010 pp. 386-415.
10. Cen'ellione RM. The use of pelvic osteotomy in cloacal exstrophy. Semin Pediatr Surg. 2011:20(2):119-122.
ll. Shah BB. Di Carlo H. Goldstein SD. Pierorazio PM. hıouye BM. Massanyi EZ. et al. Initial bladder closure of the cloacal exstrophy complex: outcome related risk factors and keys to success. Pediatr Surg. 2014;49(6):1036—1039.
12. Silver RI. Sponseller PD. Gearhart JP. Staged closure of the pelvis in cloacal exstrophy: first description of new approach. Urol. l999:161(1):263-266.
13. Baird AD. Nelson CP. Gearhart JP. Modern staged repair of bladder of osteotomy in the cloacal exstrophy patient. Urol. 1995;154(2 Pt 2):865-867.
15. Diamond DA. Bums JP. Huang L. Rosoklija I. Retik AB Gender assignment for newborns with 46XY cloacal exstrophy: 6-year followup SUITE)" of pediatric urologists. Urol. 2011113604 Suppl):1642-1648.
16. Ferrara F, Dickson AP. Fishwick J, \"ashisht R. Khan T. Cervellione RM. Delayed exstı'ophy repair (DER) does not compromise initial bladder development. Pediatr Urol. 2014:10(3):506-510.