Amyand‘s hernia is the presence of the appendix within an inguinal hernia sac. It is rare condition. occurring in 1% of inguinal hernia patients. The clinical presentation varies depending on the extent of appendix inflammation. Aniyand's hernia is difficult to diagnose clinically. However. imaging studies are valuable for both its diagnosis and detection of the associated complications. Here. we report case of Amyand's hernia in 3-year-old male child who presented with history of right inguinal tenderness. pain. and swelling. An operation revealed hernia sac containing the inflamed appendix: hence. an appendectomy was performed along with right inguinal herniotonly.
I. Hiatt JR. Hiatt N. Amyand‘s hernia. Engl Med. 1988:318(21):1402.
2. Lippolis PV. Barlettai M. Filidei F. Seccia M. The Amyand's hernia. Case report and review of the literature. Amı Ital Cir. 2007:78(2)2153-7.
3. Hotiana MM. Knndu S. Ahmad I. Complicated inguinal hernia of Amyand. South Mîed J. 2007: 100(4):411.
4. Ngom G. Ainadou I. Ibrahima KA. Mubake A. Ndour 0. Ndoye M. Amyand's hernia with perforated appendix in neonate. BMJ Case Rep. 2010: 28:2010. pii: bcr0320102847.
5. Denge A. Gireboinwad S. Case Repoıt: Rare Case of Amyand's Hernia Presenting in 3—year-old Male Child. Indian Surg. 2013:75(4):332—3.
6. Quartey B. Ugochulcwıı O. Kneim R. Ospina K. Incarcerated recurrent Amyand's hernia. Emerg Trauma Shock. 2012:5(4):344-6.
7. Tsang WK. Lee KL. Tani KF- Lee SP. Acute appendicitis complicating Amyand‘s hernia: imaging features and literature review. Hong Kong Med J. 2014;20(3);255-7.
Okur MH. Karaçay S. Uygun I. Topçu K. Öztürk H. Amyand's hernias in childhood (3 report on 21 patients): single-centre experience. Pediatr Surg Int. 2013:29(6):571-4.
Gupta S. Sharma R. Kaushjk R. Lefi sided Amyand’s hernia Singapore Med J. 2005: 46(8):424-5.
10. Losanoff IE. Basson MD. Amyand hernia: what lies beneath--a proposed classification scheme to determine management. Am Surg. 2007;73(12):1288-90.
îWeber RV. Hunt ZC. Kral JC. Amyand‘s hernia. Etiologic and therapeutic implications of two complications. Surg Rounds 1999; 22:552-6.
Ash L. Hatem S. Ramirez GA. Veniero J. Amyand‘s hernia: case repoıt of prospective ct diagnosis in the emergency department. Emerg Radio]. 2005;11(4);231-2.
.Abn-Dalu J. Utca I. Incarcerated inguinal hernia with perforated appendix and periappendicular abscess report of case. Dis Colon Rectum. l9?2:lS(6):464-5.
Ivanschuk G. esmebasi A. Sorenson EP. Blaak C- Loukas M. Tubbs SR. Anıyand's hernia: review. Med Sci Monit. 2014;28:20: 140-6.
Solecki R. Matyja A. Milanowski ‘W. Amyand's hernia: report of two cases. Hernia 2003:7(1):50-l.
Shauna H. Gupta A. Sliekhawat NS. Menion B. Memon MA. Aniyand's hernia: repoıt of consecutive patients over 15-year period. Hernia. 2007;1i(1):31-5.
Singal R. Mittal A. Gupta A. Gupta S. Sahu P. Seklıon MS. An incarcerated appendix: report of three cases and review of the literature. Hernia. 2012:16tl):9l-7.
Upadhyaya VD. Kumar Y. Srii'a star.-'a P. Gangopadhyaya AN Aniyand‘s hernia in infant: rare entity. Kathmandu Univ Med (KUMJ). 2009;7(26):143u 4.
Caukorkıııaz L. Ozer H. Guney C. Atalar MH. Arslan MS. Koyluoglu G. Amy-“and's hernia in the children: single center experience. 2010:147(1):l40-3. Surgery.
Burgess PL. Brockineyer JR. Johnson EK. Aniyaiid hernia repaired with BioA: case report and review. Surg Educ. 2011:68(l):62-6.
Livaditi E. Man‘idis G. Clu‘istopoulos— Geroulanos G. Amyand's hernia in premature neonates: report oftwo cases. Hemia. 200?:11(6):547—9.
Ofili OP. Simultaneous appendectomy and inguinal herniorrhaphy could be beneficial. Ethiop Med J. 1991;29(1);37-a.