Disaster is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a sudden phenomenon of sufficient magnitude to overwhelm the resources of a hospital, region, or location requiring external support. Therefore, we aim to look into START Triage for both medical students and new physicians face in the recognition, diagnosis and management of primary survey in trauma patients. START Triage newly as a part of primary survey requiring urgent tools in disaster ER management, So Emergency Physicians needs teaching protocol of START Triage. Appropriate approach of START Triage by training protocol to Emergency Physicians. Based to practice gap for preventive death and adverse long-term complications of major disaster. START Triage guidelines are the processes of sorting the patients; it is a dynamic process aim to identify life threating conditions from cases that not require urgent transfer and intervention. START triage use 4 colors codding approach black for dead, red for immediate, green for walking and yellow for remaining cases.
1. Elbaih AH. Different Types of Triage. Arşiv Kaynak Tarama Dergisi. Arch Med Review J 2017;26 441–67.
2. Elbaih AH, Mohammed MA, Ali MA, Elshemaly AA, Mostafa MS. Validity of S100B protein as a prognostic tool in isolated severe head injuries in emergency patients. Egypt J Surg [serial online] 2020 [cited 2020 Aug 29]; 39:795-806. Available from: http://www.ejs.eg.net/text. asp?2020/39/3/795/293680
3. Taha M, Elbaih A. Review Article, Pathophysiology and management of different types of shock. NMJ. 2017;6:14-39.
4. Elbaih AH. Sepsis patient evaluation emergency department (SPEED) score & mortality in emergency department sepsis (MEDS) score in predicting 28-day mortality of emergency sepsis patients, Chinese J Traumatol 2019;22:316-22.
5. Elbaih AH, Taha M, Elsakaya MS, Elshemally AA, Alshorbagy ME. Assessment of cardiopulmonary resuscitation knowledge and experiences between emergency department nurses hospital pre and post basic life support training course, Egypt. Ann Med Res. 2019;26:2320-7.
6. Disaster medicine book. By cittone darling Anderson.
7. European Resuscitation Council Guidelines for Resuscitation 2015
8. NCBI. Emergency preparedness, Brennen Puryear; David M. Gnugnoli.2019 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537042/
9. Evolution of triage systems, Iain Robertson‐Steel PUBMED https://www. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2564046/
10. Medical start triage https://legacy.medictests.com/start-triage/
11. Triage During a MCI: A Collaborative Process. WADEM CONGRESS ON DISASTER AND EMERGENCY MEDICINE 2017.
12. chemical hazard emergency medical management .START Adult Triage Algorithm https://chemm.nlm.nih.gov/startadult.htm