İskemi- reperfüzyon hasarı dokularda ge- çici veya kalıcı hasar bırakan hasta sağlığı ile yakından ilgili klinik bir durumdur. Serbest oksijen radikalleri iskemi- reperfüzyon hasarının patofizyolojisin de önemli rol oynar. Hidroksil iyonu en güçlü serbest oksijen radikalidir. Hidrojen hem selektif olarak hidroksil iyonunu azaltarak hem de farklı doku koruyucu mekanizmalar ile iskemi- reperfüzyon hasarını engelleyici etki yapar. Günümüzde güçlü bir antioksidan olan hidrojenin doku koruyucu etkisi üzerine çok fazla araştırma yapılmaktadır. Bu çalışmamızda ürolojik hastalık modellerinde hidrojen kullanılması değerlendirilerek kliniğe yansıması ve gelecek üzerine etkileri tartışılmıştır
Ischemia-reperfusion injury in tissues leaving temporary or permanent damage patients health is closely related to the clinical situation. Free oxygen radicals plays an important role in the pathophysiology of ischemia-reperfusion injury. Hydroxyl ion is the most powerful free radical. Reducing hydrogen and hydroxyl ions selectively and with different tissue protective mechanisms makes preventive effect on ischaemia-reperfusion injury. Today, hydrogen is a powerful antioxidant that is done much research on the tissue protective effect. This study evaluated the clinical reflection of hydrogen is used in urologic diseases and their effects on the future were discussed
1. Gardès-Albert M. Physico-chemical aspects of reactive oxygen species. Ann Pharm Fr 2006;64(6):365-72.
2. Setsukinai K, Urano Y, Kakinuma K, Majima HJ, Nagano T. Development of novel fluorescence probes that can reliably detect reactive oxygen species and distinguish specific species. J Biol Chem 2003;278(5):3170-5.
3. Kowaltowski AJ, de Souza-Pinto NC, Castilho RF, Vercesi AE. Mitochondria and reactive oxygen species. Free Radic Biol Med 2009;47(4):333-43.
4. Barbouti A, Doulias PT, Nousis L, Tenopoulou M, Galaris D. DNA damage and apoptosis in hydrogen peroxide-exposed Jurkat cells: bolus addition versus continuous generation of H2O2. Free Radic Biol Med 2002;33(5):691-702.
5. Ohsawa I, Ishikawa M, Takahashi K, et al. Hydrogen acts as a therapeutic antioxidant by selectively reducing cytotoxic oxygen radicals. Nat Med 2007;13:688694.
6. Buchholz BM, Kaczorowski DJ, Sugimoto R, et al. Hydrogen inhalation ameliorates oxidative stress in transplantation induced intestinal graft injury. Am J Transplant 2008;8:20152024.
7. Dixon BJ, Tang J, Zhang JH. The evolution of molecular hydrogen: a noteworthy potential therapy with clinical significance. Med Gas Res 2013;3(1):10-15.
8. Levitt MD, Bond JH. Volume, composition, and source of intestinal gas. Gastroenterology 1970;59:921 929.
9. Nakao A, Sugimoto R, Billiar TR, McCurry KR. Therapeutic antioxidant medical gas. J Clin Biochem Nutr 2009;44:1 13
10. George JF, Agarwal A. Hydrogen: another gas with therapeutic potential. Kidney Int 2010;77:85 87.
11. Qian L, Cao F, Cui J, et al. Radioprotective effect of hydrogen in cultured cells and mice. Free Radical Research 2010;44(3):275282
12. Kajiyama S, Hasegawa G, Asano M, et al. Supplementation of hydrogen-rich water improves lipid and glucose metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance. Nutr Res 2008;28:137143
13. Xie K, Yu Y, Zhang Z, et al. Hydrogen gas improves survival rate and organ damage in zymosan-induced generalized inflammation model. Shock 2010;34(5):495-501.
14. Sun Q, Kang Z, Cai J, Liu W, Liu Y, Zhang JH, Denoble PJ, Tao H, Sun X. Hydrogen-rich saline protects myocardium against ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Exp Biol Med 2009;234:1212 1219.
15. Chen XL, Zhang Q, Zhao R, Medford RM. Superoxide, H2O2, and iron are required for TNF-alpha-induced MCP-1gene expression in endothelial cells: role of Rac1 and NADPHoxidase. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2004;286:1001 1007.
16. Mao YF, Zheng XF, Cai JM, et al. Hydrogen-rich saline reduces lung injuryinduced by intestinal ischemia/reperfusion in rats. BiochemBiophys Res Commun 2009;381:602 605.
17. Ohta S. Molecular hydrogen as a preventive and therapeutic gas: İnitiation, development and potential of hydrogen medicine. Pharmacol Ther 2014;144(1):1-11.
18. Nakashima-Kamimura N, Mori T, Ohsawa I, Asoh S, Ohta S. Molecular hydrogen alleviates nephrotoxicity induced by an anti-cancer drug cisplatin without compromising anti-tumoractivity in mice. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2009; 64: 753 761.
19. Saitoh Y, Harata Y, Mizuhashi F, Nakajima M, Miwa N. Biological safety of neutral-pH hydrogen-enriched electrolyzed water upon mutagenicity, genotoxicity and subchronic oraltoxicity. Toxicol Ind Health 2010; 26: 203216.
20. Nakao A, Toyoda Y, Sharma P, Evans M, Guthrie N. Effectiveness of hydrogen rich water on antioxidant status of subjects with potential metabolic syndrome-an open label pilot study. J Clin Biochem Nutr 2010;46: 140 149.
21. Tsompos C, Paoulis C, Toutouzas K, Zografos G, Papalois A. The Effect of Erythropoietin on Sodium During Ischemia Reperfusion Injury in Rats. J Clin Anal Med 2014; DOI:10.4328/JCAM.2282
22. Wang F, Yu G, Liu SY, Li JB, Wang JF, Bo LL, Qian LR, Sun XJ, Deng XM. Hydrogen-rich saline protects against renal ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. J Surg Res 2011;167(2):339-44.
23. Zhu WJ, Nakayama M, Mori T, et al. Intake of water with high levels of dissolved hydrogen (H2) suppresses ischemia-induced cardio-renal injury in Dahl salt-sensitive rats. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2011;26(7):2112-8.
24. Akdeniz E, Bostancı Y, Özden E, Can BM, Yılmaz AF, Sarı- kaya Ş, Yakupoğlu YK. Inhaled Hydrogen Gas Therapy for Prevention of Renal Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury in Rat Model. Turkiye Klinikleri J Med Sci 2013;33(4)1097-1102.
25. Abe T, Li XK, Yazawa K, et al. Hydrogen-rich University of Wisconsin solution attenuates renal cold ischemia-reperfusion injury. Transplantion 2012;94(1):14-21.
26. Gu H, Yang M, Zhao X, et al. Pretreatment with hydrogenrich saline reduces the damage caused by glycerol-induced rhabdomyolysis and acute kidney injury in rats. J Surg Res 2014;188(1):243-9.
27. Cardinal JS, Zhan J, Wang Y, et al. Oral hydrogen water prevents chronic allograft nephropathy in rats. Kidney Int 2010;77(2):101-9.
28. Katakura M, Hashimoto M, Tanabe Y, Shido O. Hydrogenrich water inhibits glucose and α,β dicarbonyl compoundinduced reactive oxygen species productionin the SHR CgLeprcp/NDmcr rat kidney. Med Gas Res 2012;9(1):18-24.
29. Xu B, Zhang YB, Li ZZ, et al. Hydrogen-rich saline ameliorates renal injury induced by unilateral ureteral obstruction in rats. Int Immunopharmacol 2013;17(2):447-52.
30. Nakayama M, Kabayama S, Nakano H, et al. Biological effects of electrolyzed water in hemodialysis. Nephron Clin Pract 2009;112(1):9-15.
31. Nakayama M, Nakano H, Hamada H, et al. A novel bioactive haemodialysis system using dissolved dihydrogen (H2) produced by water electrolysis: a clinical trial. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2010;25: 30263033.
32. Liu W, Dong XS, Sun YQ, Liu Z. A novel fluid resuscitation protocol: provide more protection on acute kidney injury during septic shock in rats. Int J Clin Exp Med 2014;7(4):919-926.
33. Xie K, Fu W, Xing W, et al. Combination therapy with molecular hydrogen and hyperoxia in a murine model of polymicrobial sepsis. Shock 2012;38(6):656-63.
34. Kitamora A, Kobayashi S, Matsushita T, Fujinawa H, Murase K. Experimental verification of protective effect of hydrogen-rich water against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats using dynamic contrast-enhanced CT. The British Journal of Radiology 2010;83:509514.
35. Matsushita T, Kusakabe Y, Kitamura A, Okada S, Murase K. İnvestigation of protective effect of hydrogen-rich water against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats using blood oxygenation level dependent magnetic resonance imaging. Jpn J Radiol. 2011 Aug;29(7):503-12.
36. Matsumoto S, Ueda T, Kakizaki H. Effect of supplementation with hydrogen-rich water in patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome. Urology 2013;81(2):226-30.
37. Chen J, Zhang B, Li M, et al. Hydrogen therapy may be a promising, safe and effective treatment for diabetic erectile dysfunction: a hypothesis. Alternative Medicine Studies 2011;1:11-8.
38. Fan M, Xu X, He X, et al. Protective effects of hyrogen-rich saline against erectile dysfunction in a streptozotocin induced diabetic rat model. J Urol 2013;190(1):350-6.
39. Chuai Y, Gao F, Li B, et al. Hydrogen-rich saline attenuates radiation-induced male germ cell loss in mice through reducing hydroxyl radicals. Biochem J 2012;442(1):49-56.
40. Jiang Z, Xu B, Yang M, et al. Protection by hydrogen against gamma ray-induced testicular damage in rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxico 2013;112(3):186-91.
41. Li S, Lu D, Zhang Y, Zhang Y. Long-term treatment of hydrogen-rich saline abates testicular oxidative stress induced by nicotine in mice. J Assist Reprod Genet 2014;31(1):109-14.
42. Jiang D, Wu D, Zhang Y, et al. Protective effects of hydrogen rich saline solution on experimental testicular ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. J Urol 2012;187(6):2249-53.