Öz The present study aimed to establish a TaqMan probe real-time PCR qRT-PCR for detecting Bovine parvovirus BPV , and to develop a novel diagnostic method of BPV. TaqMan probe and primers were designed and synthesized from the sequences of conserved 5?-untranslated regions 5'-UTR of strain Haden of BPV. Optimum reaction conditions were comparatively selected. The sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility of TaqMan probe qRT-PCR were measured respectively. Feces specimens collected from diarrhea calves were detected using this assay. The results showed that optimized conditions for the probe qRT-PCR were 0.8 μL probes 18.0 μmol/L , 0.4 μL primers 10.0 μmol/L and annealing temperature of 43.2 °C for 40 s. The probe qRT-PCR could specially detect BPV, but not for other viruses JEV, CSF, RABV, BRV, BVDV, and bFMDV . The detection limit was 5.26 copies/μL. Both intraassay and interassay VCs were lower than 1.65%. Detection of 308 feces samples showed 36 positives for TaqMan probe qRT-PCR compared to 32 positives of universal PCR. Coincidence rate of the two methods was 88.89%. In conclusion, the established TaqMan probe qRT-PCR could specifically detect BPV. It had excellent sensitivity, specificity, and stability. The detection limit was 5.26 copies/μL. Its sensitivity was 10,000-fold over the conventional PCR. TaqMan probe qRT-PCR will help to enhance diagnosis and therapy efficacy of diarrhea calves.
1. Shull BC, Chen KC, Lederman M, Stout ER, Bates RC. Genomic clones of bovine parvovirus: construction and effect of deletions and terminal sequence inversions on infectivity. Journal of Virology 1988; 62(2): 417-426.
2. Dudleenamjil E, Lin CY, Dredge D, Murray BK, Robison RA et al. Bovine parvovirus uses clathrin-mediated endocytosis for cell entry. Journal of General Virology 2010;91:3032-3041.
3. Mietzsch M, Luo M, Yu JC, Kailasan S, Ilyas M. Structural Characterization of Emerging Pathogenic Human Parvoviruses. Microscopy and Microanalysis 2018; 24(Suppl 1): 1214-1221.
4. Qiu J, Soderlund-Venermo M, Young NS. Human parvoviruses. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 2017; 30 (1): 43-53.
5. de Souza WM, Dennis T, Fumagalli MJ, Araujo J. Novel Parvoviruses from Wild and Domestic Animals in Brazil Provide New Insights into Parvovirus Distribution and Diversity. Viruses 2018; 10 (4): 143-146.
6. Cibulski SP, Teixeira TF, Dos Santos HF, de Sales Lima FE, Scheffer CM et al. Ungulate copiparvovirus 1 (bovine parvovirus 2): characterization of a new genotype and associated viremia in different bovine age groups. Virus Genes 2016; 52 (1): 134-137.
7. Kailasan S, Halder S, Gurda B, Bladek H, Chipman PR et al. Structure of an enteric pathogen, bovine parvovirus. Journal of Virology 2015; 89 (5): 2603-2614.
8. Chang J, Zhang Y, Yang D, Jiang Z, Wang F, Yu L. Potent neutralization activity against type O foot-and-mouth disease virus elicited by a conserved type O neutralizing epitope displayed on bovine parvovirus virus-like particles. Journal of General Virology 2019; 100 (2): 187-198.
9. Bae JE, Kim IS. Multiplex PCR for rapid detection of minute virus of mice, bovine parvovirus, and bovine herpesvirus during the manufacture of cell culture-derived biopharmaceuticals. Biotechnology & Bioprocess Engineering. 2010; 15 (6): 1031- 1037.
10. Luo JG, Ge JW, Tang LJ, Qiao XY, Jiang YP et al. Development of a loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid detection of bovine parvovirus. Journal of Virological Methods 2013; 191 (2): 155-161.
11. Kuta A, Woźniakowski G, MP P. Cross-priming amplification for detection of bovine viral diarrhoea virus species 1 and 2. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2015; 119 (3): 632-639.
12. Zhang Y-q, Liu H-s, Wu X-d, Wang X-z, Li J-m et al. A novel realtime RT-PCR with TaqMan-MGB probes and its application in detecting BVDV infections in dairy farms. Journal of Integrative Agriculture 2015; 14 (8): 1637-1643.
13. Sakurai A, Nomura N, Nanba R, Sinkai T, Iwaki T et al. Rapid typing of influenza viruses using super high-speed quantitative real-time PCR. Journal of Virological Methods 2011; 178: 75-81.
14. Zhang Yongqiang, Liu Haisheng, Xiaodong. W. A novel realtime RT-PCR with TaqM an-MGB probes and its application in detecting BVDV infections in dairy farms. Journal of Integrative Agriculture 2015; 14 (8): 1637-1643.
15. de Los Angeles Ribas M, Tejero Y, Cordero Y, Perez D, Sausy A et al. Identification of human parvovirus B19 among measles and rubella suspected patients from Cuba. Journal of Medical Virology 2019; 91 (7): 1351-1354.
16. Lifang Yan, Lanny W. Pace, Brittany Baughman, Floyd D. Wilson, Zhang S. Failed detection of Bovine viral diarrhea virus 2 subgenotype a (BVDV-2a) by direct fluorescent antibody test on tissue samples due to reduced reactivity of field isolates to raw anti-BVDV antibody. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 2016; 28 (2): 150-157.
17. Decaro N, Martella V, Ricci D, Elia G, Desario C et al. Genotypespecific fluorogenic RT PCR assays for the detection and quantitation of canine coronavirus type I and type II RNA in faecal samples of dogs. Journal of Virological Methods 2005; 130 :72-78.
18. Sandals WC, Povey RC, Meek AH. Prevalence of bovine parvovirus infection in Ontario dairy cattle. Canadian Journal of Veterianry Science 1995; 59 (2): 81-86.
19. de Souza WM, Dennis T, Fumagalli MJ, Araujo J, Sabino-Santos G et al. Novel Parvoviruses from Wild and Domestic Animals in Brazil Provide New Insights into Parvovirus Distribution and Diversity. Viruses 2018; 10 (4): 143-148.
20. Liu Hui, Yang Hongyu, Zhao Hongli, Li Ye, Zhao Hong et al. Isolation and Identification of Bovine Parvovirus and its replication kinetics in Different Cells. Chinese Journal of Veterianry Science 2015; 35 (11): 1770-1776. (In Chinese)
21. Mohamed FF, Mansour SMG, Orabi A, El-Araby IE, Ng TFF et al. Detection and genetic characterization of bovine kobuvirus from calves in Egypt. Archives of Virology 2018; 163 (6): 1439- 1447.
22. Mohamed FF, Mansour SM, El-Araby IE, Mor SK, Goyal SM. Molecular detection of enteric viruses from diarrheic calves in Egypt. Archives of virology 2017; 162 (1): 129-137.
23. LeBlanc N, Leijon M, Jobs M, Blomberg J, Belak S. A novel combination of TaqMan RT-PCR and a suspension microarray assay for the detection and species identification of pestiviruses. Veterinaruy Microbiology. 2010; 142 (1-2): 81-86.