Aim: The aim of the study was to determine gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) levels of advanced oxidation protein product(AOPP) and monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP)-1 in subjects with periodontal disease and health.Materials and Methods: A total of 75 non-smokers, including 25 participants with chronic periodontitis (CP), 25participants with gingivitis (G) and 25 participants with periodontally healthy (H) were included into the present study.The probing depth (PD), clinical attachment level (CAL), plaque index (PI) and gingival index (GI) were recorded. The GCFsamples from 4 sites in each individual were collected and GCF AOPP and MCP-1 levels were determined by enzymelinked immunosorbent assay method.Results: GCF AOPP and MCP-1 levels were the lowest in the H group; followed by the G group and the highest in the CPgroup. These differences were statistically significant between G and H groups and between the CP and the other groups(p
Amaç: Çalışmanın amacı periodontal hastalıklı ve sağlıklı bireylerde dişeti oluğu sıvısı (DOS) ileri oksidasyon protein ürünleri (AOPP) ve monosit kemoatraktan protein-1 (MCP)-1seviyelerini belirlemekti. Gereç ve Yöntemler: 25 kronik periodontitisli (KP), 25 gingivitisli (G) ve 25 periodontal sağlıklı (S) toplam da 75 sigara içmeyen birey çalışmaya dahil edildi. Sondalanabilir cep derinliği (SCD), klinik ataşman seviyesi (KAS), plak indeksi (Pİ) ve gingival indeks (Gİ) kaydedildi. Her bireyde 4 alandan DOS örnekleri toplandı ve DOS AOPP ve MCP-1 seviyeleri enzim bağlı immunosorbent analizi ile belirlendi. Bulgular: DOS AOPP ve MCP-1 seviyeleri en düşük S grupta; ardından G grubunda ve en yüksek KP grubunda idi. Bu farklılıklar G ve S grupları ile KP ve diğer gruplar arasında istatistiksel olarak anlamlı farklıydı (p
1. Chapple IL, Matthews JB. The role of reactive oxygen and antioxidant species in periodontal tissue destruction. Periodontol 2000 2007; 43: 160-232.
2. Witko-Sarsat V, Friedlander M, Nguyen Khoa T, et al. Advanced oxidation protein products as novel mediators of inflammation and monocyte activation in chronic renal failure. J Immunol 1998; 161: 2524-32.
3. Witko-Sarsat V, Friedlander M, Capeillère-Blandin C, et al. Advanced oxidation protein products as a novel marker of oxidative stress in uremia. Kidney Int 1996; 49: 1304-13.
4. Piwowar A, Knapik Kordecka M, Warwas M. AOPP and its relations with selected markers of oxidative/antioxidative system in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2007; 77: 188 92.
5. Baskol G, Demir H, Baskol M, et al. Investigation of protein oxidation and lipid peroxidation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Cell Biochem Funct 2006; 24: 307–11.
6. Baskol M, Baskol G, Kocer D, Ozbakir O, Yucesoy M. Advanced oxidation protein products: a novel marker of oxidative stress in ulcerative colitis. J Clin Gastroenterol 2008; 42: 687–91.
7. Krzystek Korpacka M, Neubauer K, Berdowska I, et al. Enhanced formation of advanced oxidation protein products in IBD. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2008; 14: 794 802.
8. Bartold PM, Narayanan AS. Molecular and cell biology of healthy and diseased periodontal tissues. Periodontol 2006; 40: 29–49.
9. Tonetti MS, Imboden MA, Gerber L, Lang NP, Laissue J, Mueller C. Localized expression of mRNA for phagocyte-specific chemotactic cytokines in human periodontal infections. Infect Immun 1994; 62: 4005–14.
10. Nelken NA, Coughlin SR, Gordon D, Wilcox JN. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in human atheromatous plaques. J Clin Invest 1991; 88: 1121–27.
11. Kamei N, Tobe K, Suzuki R, et al. Overexpression of MCP-1 in adipose tissues causes macrophage recruitment and insulin resistance. J Biol Chem 2006; 281: 26602–14.
12. Antoniades HN, Neville-Golden J, Galanopoulos T, Kradin RL, Valente AJ, Graves DT. Expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in mRNA in human idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1992; 89: 5371–75.
13. Graves DT, Barnhill R, Galanopoulos T, Antoniades HN. Expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 inhuman melanoma in vivo. Am J Pathol 1992; 140: 9–14.
14. Villiger PM, Terkeltaub R, Lotz M. Production of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 by inflamed synovial tissue and cultured synoviocytes. J Immunol 1992; 149: 722–27.
15. Gemmell E, Marshall RI, Seymour GJ. Cytokines and prostaglandins in immune homeostasis and tissue destruction in periodontal disease. Periodontol 2000 1997; 14: 112-43.
16. Emingil G, Atilla G, Hüseyinov A. Gingival crevicular fluid monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and RANTES levels in patients with generalized aggressive periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol 2004; 31: 829-34.
17. Kurtiş B, Tüter G, Serdar M, et al. Gingival crevicular fluid levels of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and tumor necrosis factoralpha in patients with chronic and aggressive periodontitis. J Periodontol 2005; 76: 1849-55.
18. Pradeep AR, Daisy H, Hadge P. Gingival crevicular fluid levels of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in periodontal health and disease. Arch Oral Biol 2009; 54: 503-9.
19. Armitage GC. Development of a classification system for periodontal diseases and conditions. Ann Periodontol 1999; 4: 1-6.
20. Silness J, Löe H. Periodontal disease in pregnancy. II. Correlation between oral hygiene and periodontal condition. Acta Odontol Scand 1964; 22: 121-35.
21. Löe H, Silness J. Periodontal disease in pregnancy. I. Prevalence and severity. Acta Odontol Scand 1963; 21: 533-51.
22. Arana C, Cutando A, Ferrera MJ, et al. Parameters of oxidative stress in saliva from diabetic and parenteral drug addict patients. J Oral Pathol Med 2006; 35: 554-59.
23. Bahar G, Feinmesser R, Shpitzer T, Popovtzer A, Nagler RM. Salivary analysis in oral cancer patients: DNA and protein oxidation, reactive nitrogen species, and antioxidant profile. Cancer 2007; 109: 54-9.
24. Akagi S, Nagake Y, Kasahara J, et al. Significance of 8- hydroxy29-deoxyguanosine levels in patients with chronic renal failure. Nephrology (Carlton) 2003; 8: 192-95.
25. Wolfram R, Oguogho A, Palumbo B, Sinzinger H. Enhanced oxidative stress in coronary heart disease and chronic heart failure as indicated by an increased 8-epi-PGF(2alpha). Eur J Heart Fail 2005; 7: 167-72.
26. Rall LC, Roubenoff R, Meydani SN, Han SN, Meydani M. Urinary 8-hydroxy-29-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) as a marker of oxidative stress in rheumatoid arthritis and aging: Effect of progressive resistance training. J Nutr Biochem 2000; 11: 581-84.
27. Hendek MK, Erdemir EO, Kisa U, Ozcan G. Effect of initial periodontal therapy on oxidative stress markers in gingival crevicular fluid, saliva, and serum in smokers and non-smokers with chronic periodontitis. J Periodontol 2015; 86: 273-82.
28. Pradeep AR, Ramchandraprasad MV, Bajaj P, Rao NS, Agarwal E. Protein carbonyl: An oxidative stress marker in gingival crevicular fluid in healthy, gingivitis, and chronic periodontitis subjects. Contemp Clin Dent 2013; 4: 27-31.
29. Liu Z, Liu Y, Song Y, Zhang X, Wang S, Wang Z. Systemic oxidative stress biomarkers in chronic periodontitis: a meta-analysis. Dis Markers 2014; 2014: 931083.
30. Kelly FJ, Mudway IS. Protein oxidation at the air-lung interface. Amino Acids 2003; 25: 375–96.
31. Witko-Sarsat V, Gausson V, Nguyen AT, et al. AOPP-induced activation of human neutrophil and monocyte oxidative metabolism: a potential target for N-acetyl-cysteine treatment in dialysis patients. Kidney Int 2003; 64: 82–91.
32. Pan HZ, Zhang H, Chang D, Li H, Sui H. The change of oxidative stress products in diabetes mellitus and diabetic retinopathy. Br J Ophthalmol 2008; 92: 548-51.
33. Hanazawa S, Kawata Y, Takeshita A, et al. Expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) in adult periodontal disease: Increased monocyte chemotactic activity in crevicular fluids and Induction of MCP-1 expression in gingival tissues. Infect Immun 1993; 12: 5219-24.
34. Yu XH, Graves DT. Fibroblasts, mononuclear phagocytes, and endothelial cells express monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) in inflamed human gingiva. J Periodontol 1995; 66: 80-88.
35. Zhao Y, Chen SJ, Wang JC, et al. Sesquiterpene lactones inhibit advanced oxidation protein product-induced MCP-1 expression in podocytes viaan IKK/NF- κB-dependent mechanism. Oxid Med Longey 2015; 2015: 9340-58.
36. Wang JC, Zhao Y, Chen SJ, Long J, et al. AOPPs induce MCP-1 expression by increasing ROS-mediated activation of the NFκB pathway in rat mesangial cells: inhibition by sesquiterpene lactones. Cell Physiol Biochem 2013; 32: 1867-77.