In recent years, the prognostic and predictive values of scoring systems such as systemic inflammation score (SIS) and modified systemic inflammation score (mSIS) have been investigated in colorectal cancers. To investigate the efficacy of the modified systemic inflammatory score (mSIS) calculated by simple laboratory tests in predicting the presence of invasive carcinoma in colon polyps with high-gradedysplasia (HGD).The postoperative data of 44 patients with colorectal polyps who underwent surgery with the diagnosis of preoperative HGD between January 2019 and October 2021 were retrospectively analyzed. According to the results of the postoperativehistopathological examination, the patients were divided into two groups as HGD/intramucosal carsinom (Tis)/adenomatous polyp and invasive carcinoma. mSIS calculation was made as follows: mSIS 0 [albumin (ALB)≥4.0 g/dL and lymphocyte/monocyte ratio (LMR)≥3.4], mSIS 1 (ALB
Son yıllarda sistemik inflamasyon skor (SIS) ve modifiye sistemik inflamasyon skor (mSIS) gibi skorların kolorektal kanserlerde prognostik ve prediktif değerleri araştırılmıştır. Bu çalışmada, basit labaratuvar testleri ile hesaplanan modifiye sistemik inflamatuar skorun (mSIS) high grade displazili (HGD) kolon poliplerinde invaziv karsinom varlığını öngörmedeki etkinliği araştırıldı. Ocak 2019 -Ekim 2021 tarihleri arasında preoperatif HGD tanısıyla opere edilen 44 kolorektal polipli hastanın postoperatif verileri retrospektif olarak incelendi. Hastalar postoperatif histopatolojik inceleme sonuçlarına göre HGD, Tis veya adenomatöz polip ve invaziv karsinom olarak iki gruba ayrıldı. mSIS hesaplaması; mSIS 0 [albümin (ALB) ≥ 4.0 g/dL ve lenfosit/monosit oranı (LMR) ≥ 3.4], mSIS 1 (ALB
1. F. Bray, J. Ferlay, I. Soerjomataram, R.L. Siegel, L.A. Torre, A. Jemal, Global cancer statistics 2018: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries, CA: a cancer journal for clinicians, 68 (2018) 394-424.
2. L.H. Nguyen, A. Goel, D.C. Chung, Pathways of colorectal carcinogenesis, Gastroenterology, 158 (2020) 291-302.
3. E. Gorgun, C. Benlice, J.M. Church, Does cancer risk in colonic polyps unsuitable for polypectomy support the need for advanced endoscopic resections? Journal of the American College of Surgeons, 223 (2016) 478-484.
4. O. Engin, Colon Polyps and Colorectal Cancer, Springer2020.
5. J.H. Jang, E. Balik, D. Kirchoff, W. Tromp, A. Kumar, M. Grieco, D.L. Feingold, V. Cekic, L. Njoh, R.L. Whelan, Oncologic colorectal resection, not advanced endoscopic polypectomy, is the best treatment for large dysplastic adenomas, Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, 16 (2012) 165-172.
6. S. Jones, W.-d. Chen, G. Parmigiani, F. Diehl, N. Beerenwinkel, T. Antal, A. Traulsen, M.A. Nowak, C. Siegel, V.E. Velculescu, Comparative lesion sequencing provides insights into tumor evolution, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 105 (2008) 4283-4288.
7. P.J. Pickhardt, B.D. Pooler, D.H. Kim, C. Hassan, K.A. Matkowskyj, R.B. Halberg, The natural history of colorectal polyps: overview of predictive static and dynamic features, Gastroenterology Clinics, 47 (2018) 515-536.
8. J.S. Levine, D.J. Ahnen, Adenomatous polyps of the colon, New England Journal of Medicine, 355 (2006) 2551-2557.
9. M. Climent, É.J. Ryan, Á. Stakelum, Y.L. Khaw, B. Creavin, A. Lloyd, D. Alhassan, H.M. Mohan, R. Kennelly, K. Sheahan, Systemic inflammatory response predicts oncological outcomes in patients undergoing elective surgery for mismatch repair-deficient colorectal cancer, International journal of colorectal disease, 34 (2019) 1069-1078.
10. Y. Suzuki, K. Okabayashi, H. Hasegawa, M. Tsuruta, K. Shigeta, T. Kondo, Y. Kitagawa, Comparison of preoperative inflammation-based prognostic scores in patients with colorectal cancer, Annals of surgery, 267 (2018) 527-531.
11. R.D. Dolan, S.T. McSorley, J.H. Park, D.G. Watt, C.S. Roxburgh, P.G. Horgan, D.C. McMillan, The prognostic value of systemic inflammation in patients undergoing surgery for colon cancer: comparison of composite ratios and cumulative scores, British journal of cancer, 119 (2018) 40-51.
12. F. Wang, W. He, C. Jiang, G. Guo, B. Ke, Q. Dai, J. Long, L. Xia, Prognostic value of inflammation-based scores in patients receiving radical resection for colorectal cancer, BMC cancer, 18 (2018) 1-10.
13. H. Ataş, B. Korukluoğlu, B.A. Özdemir, N. Yakşi, B. Saylam, M. Tez, Diagnostic value of modified systemic inflammation score for prediction of malignancy in patients with indeterminate thyroid nodules, The American Journal of Surgery, 221 (2021) 117-121.
14. J.-X. Lin, J.-P. Lin, J.-W. Xie, J.-b. Wang, J. Lu, Q.-Y. Chen, L.-l. Cao, M. Lin, R. Tu, C.-H. Zheng, Prognostic importance of the preoperative modified systemic inflammation score for patients with gastric cancer, Gastric Cancer, 22 (2019) 403-412.
15. H. AtaŞ, B. KorukluoĞlu, B. ÇomÇali, N. YakŞİ, B. Saylam, M. Tez, Can preoperative modified systemic inflammation score (mSIS) be used to predict malignancy in persistent nondiagnostic thyroid nodules?, Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences, (2021).
16. T. Suzuki, Y. Ishibashi, H. Tsujimoto, S. Nomura, K. Kouzu, Y. Itazaki, T. Sugihara, M. Harada, N. Ito, H. Sugasawa, A Novel Systemic Inflammatory Score Combined With Immunoinflammatory Markers Accurately Reflects Prognosis in Patients With Esophageal Cancer, in vivo, 34 (2020) 3705-3711.
17. M. Shibutani, K. Maeda, H. Nagahara, T. Fukuoka, S. Matsutani, K. Kimura, R. Amano, K. Hirakawa, M. Ohira, The prognostic value of the systemic inflammatory score in patients with unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer, Oncology letters, 16 (2018) 666-672.
18. S. Rüth, J. Spatz, M. Anthuber, Is There an Indication for Surgical Resection in Colorectal Adenoma?, Visceral Medicine, 30 (2014) 46-51.
19. R. Rodrigues, S. Geyl, J. Albouys, C. De Carvalho, M. Crespi, T. Tabouret, A. Taibi, S. Durand-Fontanier, R. Legros, M. Dahan, Effect of implementing a regional referral network on surgical referral rate of benign polyps found during a colorectal cancer screening program: A population-based study, Clinics and Research in Hepatology and Gastroenterology, 45 (2021) 101488.
20. A. Emmanuel, S. Gulati, M. Burt, B.H. Hayee, A. Haji, Colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection: patient selection and special considerations, Clinical and experimental gastroenterology, 10 (2017) 121.
21. S. Tanaka, H. Kashida, Y. Saito, N. Yahagi, H. Yamano, S. Saito, T. Hisabe, T. Yao, M. Watanabe, M. Yoshida, JGES guidelines for colorectal endoscopic submucosal dissection/endoscopic mucosal resection, Digestive Endoscopy, 27 (2015) 417-434.
22. J.M. McDonald, R. Moonka, R.H. Bell Jr, Pathologic risk factors of occult malignancy in endoscopically unresectable colonic adenomas, The American journal of surgery, 177 (1999) 384-387.
23. R. Loungnarath, M.G. Mutch, E.H. Birnbaum, T.E. Read, J.W. Fleshman, Laparoscopic colectomy using cancer principles is appropriate for colonoscopically unresectable adenomas of the colon, Diseases of the colon & rectum, 53 (2010) 1017-1022.
24. L. Bujanda, A. Cosme, I. Gil, J.I. Arenas-Mirave, Malignant colorectal polyps, World journal of gastroenterology: WJG, 16 (2010) 3103.
25. T. Yao, S. Shiono, Differences in the pathological diagnosis of colorectal neoplasia between the East and the West: Present status and future perspectives from Japan, Digestive Endoscopy, 28 (2016) 306-311.
26. H. Ikematsu, Y. Yoda, T. Matsuda, Y. Yamaguchi, K. Hotta, N. Kobayashi, T. Fujii, Y. Oono, T. Sakamoto, T. Nakajima, Longterm outcomes after resection for submucosal invasive colorectal cancers, Gastroenterology, 144 (2013) 551-559.