Amaç: Bu çalışmanın amacı, sağlıklı bireylerde üst ekstremite saha testleri ile kuvvet ve esnekliğin ilişkilerini belirlemekti. Gereç ve Yöntemler: Çalışmaya 50 sağlıklı birey (25 kadın, 25 erkek) gönüllü olarak katıldı. Katılımcıların fiziksel ve klinik özellikleri, değerlendirme formu ile sorgulandı. Kas kuvvet ölçümü el dinamometresi kullanılarak yapıldı. Esneklik, mezura ile ölçüldü. Üst ekstremite saha testleri için, Y denge testi (YDT) ve sağlık topu fırlatma kullanıldı. Veriler arasındaki ilişkinin belirlenmesi için Pearson ve Spearman korelasyon analizleri kullanıldı. Bulgular: Sağlık topu fırlatma ve YDT total skorları arasında orta düzey ilişki bulundu (r=0.507, p
Objective: The purpose of this study is to determine the relationship between strength, flexibility, and field tests of upper extremity in healthy individuals. Materials and Methods: Fifty healthy individuals (25 women, 25 men) volunteered in the study. The physical and clinical characteristics of the participants were questioned using an evaluation form. Muscle strength was measured using a hand dynamometer. Flexibility was measured with a tape. The Y balance test (YBT) and medicine ball throwing were used as upper extremity field tests. Pearson and Spearman correlation analyzes were used to determine the relationship between the parameters. Results: There was a moderate correlation between medicine ball throwing and YBT total scores (r=0.507, p
1. Plisky PJ, Rauh MJ, Kaminski TW, et al. Star Excursion Balance Test as a predictor of lower extremity injury in high school basketball players. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2006;36(12):911-9.
2. Plisky PJ, Gorman PP, Butler RJ, et al. The reliability of an instrumented device for measuring components of the star excursion balance test. N Am J Sports Phys Ther. 2009;4:92-9.
3. McGuine T. Sports injuries in high school athletes: a review of injury-risk and injury-prevention research. Clin J Sport Med. 2006;16(6):488-99.
4. Malloy P, Morgan A, Meinerz C , et al. The association of dorsiflexion flexibility on knee kinematics and kinetics during a drop vertical jump in healthy female athletes. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2015; 23(12):3550-5.
5. Teyhen DS, Riebel MA, McArthur DR, et al. Normative data and the influence of age and gender on power, balance, flexibility, and functional movement in healthy service members. Mil Med. 2014;179(4):413-20.
6. Yıldırım MŞ, Tuna F, Demirbağ Kabayel D, et al. The cut-off values for the diagnosis of hamstring shortness and related factors? Balkan Med J. 2018;35(5):388-93.
7. Moran J, Wilson F, Guinan E, et al. The preoperative use of field tests of exercise tolerance to predict postoperative outcome in intra-abdominal surgery: a systematic review. J Clin Anesth. 2016;35:446-55.
8. Borms D, Maenhout A, Cools AM. Upper quadrant field tests and isokinetic upper limb strength in overhead athletes. J Athl Train. 2016;51(10):789-96.
9. Bullock GS, Brookreson N, Knab AM, et al. Examining fundamental movement competency and closed-chain upper-extremity dynamic balance in swimmers. J Strength Cond Res. 2017;31(6):1544-51.
10. Myers H, Poletti M, Butler RJ. Difference in functional performance on the upper-quarter Y-balance test between high school baseball players and wrestlers. J Sport Rehabil. 2017;26(3):253-9.
11. Gorman PP, Butler RJ, Plisky PJ, et al. Upper quarter Y balance test: reliability and performance comparison between genders in active adults. J Strength Cond Res. 2012;26(11):3043-8.
12. Davis KL, Kang M, Boswell BB, et al. Validity and reliability of the medicine ball throw for kindergarten children. J Strength Cond Res. 2008;22(6):1958-63.
13. Van den Tillaar R, Marques MC. Reliability of seated and standing throwing velocity using differently weighted medicine balls. J Strength Cond Res. 2013;27(5):1234-8.
14. Celik D, Dirican A, Baltaci G. Intrarater reliability of assessing strength of the shoulder and scapular muscles. J Sport Rehabil. 2012;21(1):1-5.
15. Otman AS, Köse N. Tedavi Hareketlerinde Temel Değerlendirme Prensipleri. Ankara: Pelikan & Tıp Teknik Yayıncılık; 2016.
16. Cramer J, Quintero M, Rhinehart A, et al. Exploration of score agreement on a modified upper quarter Ybalance test kit as compared to the upper quarter Ybalance test. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2017;12(1):117-24.
17. Cosio-Lima L, Knapik, JJ, Shumway R, et al. Associations between functional movement screening, the Y balance test, and injuries in coast guard training. Mil Med. 2016;181(7), 643-8.
18. Johansson FR, Skillgate E, Lapauw ML, et al. Measuring eccentric strength of the shoulder external rotators using a handheld dynamometer: reliability and validity. J Athl Train. 2015;50(7):719-25.
19. Borms D, Cools A. Upper-extremity functional performance tests: reference values for overhead athletes. Int J Sports Med. 2018;39(6):433-41.
20. Butler RJ, Myers HS, Black D, et al. Bilateral differences in the upper quarter function of high school aged baseball and softball players. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2014;9(4): 518-24.
21. Bullock GS, Schmitt AC, Chasse PM, et al. The relationship between trunk rotation, upper quarter dynamic stability, and pitch velocity. J Strength Cond Res. 2018;32(1):261-6.
22. Butler R, Arms J, Reiman M, et al. Sex differences in dynamic closed kinetic chain upper quarter function in collegiate swimmers. J Athl Train. 2014;49(4):442-6.
23. Salo TD, Chaconas E. Y-balance test scores in recreational weightlifters: a randomized controlled trial. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2017;12(2):199-205.
24. Harasin D, Dizdar D, Markovic G. High reliability of tests of maximum throwing performance. J Hum Mov Stud. 2006;51(1):63-76.