Sonuç:&Çalışmamızın sonucunda gözetim altında uygulanan düzenli egzersiz programının tip 2 DM'li hastalar üzerinde olumlu etkisi olduğu görüldü. Bu nedenle tip 2 DM'li hastaları düzenli egzersiz yapmaları konusunda teşvik etmenin, hastaların sosyal, mental ve fiziksel zorlukların üzerinden gelmelerine yardımcı olabilecek yararlı bir strateji olabileceği sonucuna varıldı
&& Objective:& We aimed to evaluate the effects of a supervised aerobic exercise therapy on quality of life in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM). Material& and& Methods: ThirtyIone patients with type 2 DM (8 male/23 female; aged between 42 and 65 years) who had hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) levels between 7.5% and 9.5% were included in the study. Anthropometric measurements (height, body weight, body fat percentage, body fat mass and body mass index, waist circumference, hip circumference) and cardiopulmonary exercise tests were performed before and after the study. The patients undertook a 12Iweek aerobic training program that included aerobicItype walking and/or cycling 3 days a week. All patients were asked to complete the Turkish version of the 36IItem Short Form (SFI36) Health Survey before and after the training program. SFI36 is a commonly used questionnaire that was designed to measure life quality of patients who have physical illnesses Results: We detected significant improvements in all subscales of the SFI36 questionnaire. The emotional role limitation score showed a less significant reduction (p=0.049) compared with the other subscales. The anthropometric values were also improved significantly after the 12Iweek aerobic training program (p
1. Sukala WR, Page R, Lonsdale C et al. J Exercise improves quality of life in indigenous Polynesian peoples with type 2 diabetes and visceral obesity. Phys Act Health. 2013 Jul;10(5):699- 707.
2. The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group. Lifetime Benefits and Costs of Intensive Therapy as Practiced in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial. JAMA. 1996;276(17): 1409-15.
3. Richard RR, Peyrot M. Quality of life and diabetes. Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews. May/June 1999;15(3):205-218
4. Glasgow RE, Ruggiero L, Eakin EG, et al. Quality of Life and Associated Characteristics in a Large National Sample of Adults With Diabetes. Diabetes Care Apr 1997;20:4:562-567.
5. Hillebrecht A, Bauer P, French T et al. Effects of an Exercise Intervention on Metabolism and Quality of Life in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus. Advances in Ergonomic Design of Systems, Products and Processes. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2016. 177-187.
6. Cugusi L, Cadeddu C, Nocco S. et al. Effects of an AquaticRBased Exercise Program to Improve Cardiometabolic Profile, Quality of Life, and Physical Activity Levels in Men With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. PM&R, 2015-02-01, Volume 7, Issue 2, Pages 141-148.
7. Bruce RA, Blackmon JR, Jones JW et al. Exercising testing in adult normal subjects and cardiac patients. Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 2004;9(3):291-303.
8. Apti MD, Kasapçopur Ö, Murat Mengi et al. Regular Aerobic Training Combined with Range of Motion Exercises in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Biomed Res Int 2014;2014:748972.
9. Koçyigit H, Aydemir Ö, Fisek G. Reliability and validity of the Turkish version of Short Form 36. Turkish J Drugs Therap.1999; 12:102-106.
10. Aydemir Ö, Köroğlu E, Psikiyatride Kullanılan Klinik Ölçekler, Kolektif Yayıncılık; 2012:432- 439.
11. Ligtenberg PC, Godaert GL, Hillenaar EF et al. Influence of a physical training program on psychological wellRbeing in elderly type 2 diabetes patients. Psychological wellRbeing, physical training, and type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 1998 Dec;21(12):2196-2197.
12. Kirk AF, Higgins LA., Hughes AR, et al. A randomized, controlled trial to study the effect of exercise consultation on the promotion of physical activity in people with Type 2 diabetes: a pilot study, Diabet Med. 2001 Nov;18(11):877- 882.
13. Reid RD, Tulloch E, Sigal RJ, et al. Effects of aerobic exercise, resistance exercise or both, on patientRreported health status and wellRbeing in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized trial. Diabetologia. 2010 Apr;53(4):632-40.
14. Özdemir I, Hocaoğlu C, Koçak M, et al. Quality of life and psychiatric symptoms in the patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. The journal of Psychiatry and Neurological Scences, 2011; 24:128-138.
15. Myers VH, McVay MA, Brashear MM, et al. Exercise Training and Quality of Life in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes A randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care. 2013 Jul;36(7):1884-1890.
16. Boulé NG, Haddad E, Kenny GP, et al. Effects of Exercise on Glycemic Control and Body Mass in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus A MetaRanalysis of Controlled Clinical Trials JAMA. 2001;286(10):1218-1227.
17. Sigal RJ, Kenny GP, Boulé NG, et al. Effects of aerobic training, resistance training, or both on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2007 Sep 18;147(6):357-369.
18. Liu X, Miller YD, Burton NW, et al. The effect of Tai Chi on healthRrelated quality of life in people with elevated blood glucose or diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Qual Life Res. 2013 Sep;22(7):1783-1786.
19. Goldney RD, Phillips PJ, Fisher LJ, et al. Diabetes, depression, and quality of life: a population study. Diabetes Care. 2004 May;27(5):1066- 1070.
20. Toobert DJ, Glasgow RE, Strycker LA, et al. Biologic and QualityRofRLife Outcomes From the Mediterranean Lifestyle Program, Diabetes Care 2003 Aug;26(8):2288-93.
21. The Look AHEAD Research Group. Impact of Intensive Lifestyle Intervention on Depression and HealthRRelated Quality of Life in Type 2 Diabetes: The Look AHEAD Trial. Diabetes Care 2014;(37): 1544–1553.
22. Rubin RR, Peyrot M, Wang NY, et al. PatientR reported outcomes in the practiceRbased opportunities for weight reduction (POWER) trial. Qual Life Res 2013;22(9):2389–2398.
23. Ackermann RT, Edelstein SL, Narayan KM, et al. Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group. Changes in health state utilities with changes in body mass in the Diabetes Prevention Program. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2009;17: 2176-181.
24. Wycherley TP, Clifton PM, Noakes M, et al.Weight loss on a structured hypocaloric diet with or without exercise improves emotional distress and quality of life in overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetes. J Diabetes Invest 2014; (5): 94–98.
25. Nicolucci A, Balducci S, Cardelli P, et al. Relationship of exercise volume to improvements of quality of life with supervised exercise training in patients with type 2 diabetes in a randomized controlled trial: the Italian Diabetes and Exercise Study (IDES). Diabetologia 2012; (55):579–588.
26. Kuznetsov L, Griffin SJ, Davies MJ, et al. DiabetesRspecific quality of life but not health status is independently associated with glycaemic control among patients with type 2 diabetes: a crossRsectional analysis of the ADDITIONREurope trial cohort. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2014 May;104(2):281-287.
27. Testa MA, Simonson DC. Health economic benefits and quality of life during improved glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized, controlled, doubleRblind trial. JAMA, 1998 Nov 4;280(17):1490-1496.
28. Dinçer S, Altan M, Terzioğlu D, et al. Effects of a regular exercise program on biochemical parameters of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients J Sports Med Phys Fitness., 2016, 56(11):1384- 1391.