Objective: The purpose of this study is to examine the protective effects of maresin 1 on testicular injury induced by ischemia reperfusion.Methods: 24 Sprague-Dawley male rats were divided into 3 groups. The groups are planned as follows; sham, ischemia reperfusion and ischemia reperfusion+maresin 1 groups. The spermatic cord was detected and clamped for 2 hours to establish the prompt. After 2 hours, the clamp was removed and testicular reperfusion was achieved for 2 hours. At the end of the reperfusion phase, testicular tissues were taken and total antioxidant capacity (TAC), total oxidant capacity (TOC), superoxide dismutase (SOD), malondialdehyde (MDA) and myeloperoxidase (MPO) levels were determined by spectrophotometric method.Results: In the ischemia-reperfusion group, TOS and MDA and MPO are increased, the levels of TAS and SOD molecules are decreased. TOS and SOD levels are increased and TAS, MDA and MPO levels are decreased in the Maresin-1 treatment group.Conclusion: These results show us that a single dose of maresin-1 application is effective against oxidative damage caused by ischemia reperfusion.
Amaç: Bu araştırmanın amacı, maresin 1'in iskemi reperfüzyonun indüklediği testis hasarı üzerindeki koruyucu etkilerini incelemektir.Gereç ve Yöntem: 24 Sprague-Dawley erkek sıçanlar 3 gruba ayrıldı. Gruplar şu şekilde planlanmıştır; sham, iskemi reperfüzyon ve iskemi reperfüzyon+ maresin 1 grupları. Spermatik kord tespit edildi ve istemi oluşturmak için 2 saat süre ile klempendi. İki saati takiben klemp çıkarıldı ve 2 saat boyunca testis reperfüzyonu sağlandı. Reperfüzyon aşamasının sonunda, testis dokuları alınarak total antioksidan kapasite (TAK), total oksidan kapasite (TOK), süperoksit dismütaz (SOD), malondialdehit (MDA) ve myeloperoksidaz (MPO) düzeyleri spektrofoto-metrik yöntemle belirlendi.Bulgular: İskemi-reperfüzyon grubunda TOS ve MDA ve MPO arttı, TAS ve SOD moleküllerinin seviyeleri azaldı. Maresin-1 tedavi grubunda TOS ve SOD düzeyleri artarken ve TAS, MDA ve MPO düzeyleri azaldı.Sonuç: Bu sonuçlar bize, tek doz maresin-1 uygulamasının, iskemi reperfüzyonunun neden olduğu oksidatif hasara karşı etkili olduğunu göstermiştir.
1. 1Agarwal A, Allamaneni SS. Free radicals and male reproduction. J Indian Med Assoc 2011;109:184–7.
2. Dokmeci D, Inan M, Basaran UN, Yalcin O, Aydogdu N, Turan FN, et al. Protective effect of L-carnitine on testicular ischaemia-reperfusion injury in rats. Cell Biochem Funct 2007;25:611–8.
3. Elshaari FA, Elfagih RI, Sheriff DS, Barassi IF. Oxidative and antioxidative defense system in testicular torsion/detorsion. Indian J Urol 2011;27:479–84.
4. Karaguzel E, Kadihasanoglu M, Kutlu O. Mechanisms of testicular torsion and potential protective agents. Nat Rev Urol 2014;11:391–9.
5. Turner TT, Tung KS, Tomomasa H, Wilson LW. Acute testicular ischemia results in germ cell-specific apoptosis in the rat. Biol Reprod 1997;57:1267–74.
6. Chandra AK, Chatterjee A, Ghosh R, Sarkar M. Vitamin E-supplementation protect chromium (VI)-induced spermatogenic and steroidogenic disorders in testicular tissues of rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2010;48:972–9.
7. Conti V, Izzo V, Corbi G, Russomanno G, Manzo V, De Lise F, et al. Antioxidant Supplementation in the Treatment of Aging-Associated Diseases. Front Pharmacol.2016;7:24.
8. Serhan CN, Dalli J, Karamnov S, Choi A, Park CK, Xu ZZ, et al. Macrophage proresolving mediator maresin 1 stimulates tissue regeneration and controls pain. FASEB J 2012;26:1755–65.
9. Xu L, Yu Y, Sang R, Li J, Ge B, Zhang X. Protective Effects of Taraxasterol against Ethanol-Induced Liver Injury by Regulating CYP2E1/ Nrf2/HO-1 and NF-κB Signaling Pathways in Mice. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2018;2018:8284107
10. Ganguly N, Giang PH, Gupta C, Basu SK, Siddiqui I, Salunke DM, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis secretory proteins CFP-10, ESAT-6 and the CFP10:ESAT6 complex inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced NF-kappaB transactivation by downregulation of reactive oxidative species (ROS) production. Immunol Cell Biol 2008;86:98–106.
11. Gu J, Luo L, Wang Q, Yan S, Lin J, Li D, et al. Maresin 1 attenuates mitochondrial dysfunction through the ALX/cAMP/ROS pathway in the cecal ligation and puncture mouse model and sepsis patients. Lab Invest 2018;98:715–33.
12. Laiglesia LM, Lorente-Cebrián S, Martínez-Fernández L, Sáinz N, Prieto-Hontoria PL, Burrell MA, et al. Maresin 1 mitigates liver steatosis in ob/ob and diet-induced obese mice. Int J Obes (Lond) 2018;42:572–9.
13. Wang CW, Colas RA, Dalli J, Arnardottir HH, Nguyen D, Hasturk H, et al. Maresin 1 Biosynthesis and Proresolving Anti-infective Functions with Human-Localized Aggressive Periodontitis Leukocytes. Infect Immun 2015;84:658–65.
14. Colas RA, Dalli J, Chiang N, Vlasakov I, Sanger JM, Riley IR, et al. Identification and Actions of the Maresin 1 Metabolome in Infectious Inflammation. J Immunol 2016;197:4444–52.
15. Marcon R, Bento AF, Dutra RC, Bicca MA, Leite DF, Calixto JB. Maresin 1, a proresolving lipid mediator derived from omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, exerts protective actions in murine models of colitis. J Immunol 2013;191:4288–98.
16. Sun Q, Wu Y, Zhao F, Wang J. Maresin 1 Ameliorates Lung Ischemia/ Reperfusion Injury by Suppressing Oxidative Stress via Activation of the Nrf-2-Mediated HO-1 Signaling Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017;2017:9634803.
17. Xian W, Li T, Li L, Hu L, Cao J. Maresin 1 attenuates the inflammatory response and mitochondrial damage in mice with cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in a SIRT1-dependent manner. Brain Res 2019;1711:83–90.
18. Ohkawa H, Ohishi N, Yagi K. Assay for lipid peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction. Anal Biochem 1979;95:351–8.
19. Sun Y, Oberley LW, Li Y. A simple method for clinical assay of superoxide dismutase. Clin Chem 1988;34:497–500.
20. Bradley PP, Priebat DA, Christensen RD, Rothstein G. Measurement of cutaneous inflammation: estimation of neutrophil content with an enzyme marker. J Invest Dermatol 1982;78:206–9.
21. Pogorelić Z, Mrklić I, Jurić I, Biočić M, Furlan D. Testicular torsion in the inguinal canal in children. J Pediatr Urol 2013;9:793–7.
22. Huang KH, Weng TI, Huang HY, Huang KD, Lin WC, Chen SC, et al. Honokiol attenuates torsion/detorsion-induced testicular injury in rat testis by way of suppressing endoplasmic reticulum stress-related apoptosis. Urology 2012;79:967.e5–11.
23. Filho DW, Torres MA, Bordin AL, Crezcynski-Pasa TB, Boveris A. Spermatic cord torsion, reactive oxygen and nitrogen species and ischemia- reperfusion injury. Mol Aspects Med 2004;25:199–210.
24. Zhang S, Zeng Y, Qu J, Luo Y, Wang X, Li W. Endogenous EGF maintains Sertoli germ cell anchoring junction integrity and is required for early recovery from acute testicular ischemia/reperfusion injury. Reproduction 2013;145:177–89.
25. Bodur A, Alver A, Kahraman C, Altay DU, İnce İ. Investigation of Nacetylcysteine on contralateral testis tissue injury by experimental testicular torsion: long-term effect. Am J Emerg Med 2016;34:1069–74.
26. Goldwasser B, Weissenberg R, Lunenfeld B, Nativ O, Many M. Semen quality and hormonal status of patients following testicular torsion. Andrologia 1984;16:239–43.
27. Turkmen S, Mentese A, Karaguzel E, Karaca Y, Kucuk A, Uzun A, et al. A comparison of the effects of N-acetylcysteine and ethyl pyruvate on experimental testicular ischemia-reperfusion injury. Fertil Steril 2012;98:626–31.
28. Etensel B, Ozkisacik S, Ozkara E, Karul A, Oztan O, Yazici M, et al. Dexpanthenol attenuates lipid peroxidation and testicular damage at experimental ischemia and reperfusion injury. Pediatr Surg Int 2007;23:177–81.
29. Gezici A, Ozturk H, Buyukbayram H, Ozturk H, Okur H. Effects of gabexate mesilate on ischemia-reperfusion-induced testicular injury in rats. Pediatr Surg Int 2006;22:435–41.
30. Ozbek O, Altintas R, Polat A, Vardi N, Parlakpinar H, Sagir M, et al. The protective effect of apocynin on testicular ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Urol 2015;193:1417–22.
31. Kusano C, Ferrari C. 2008. Total antioxidant capacity: A biomarker in biomedical and nutritional studies. Journal of Cell and Molecular Biology 2008;7:5407.
32. Keith ES, Powers JJ. Effect of Phenolic Acids and Esters on Respiration and Reproduction of Bacteria in Urine. Applied Microbiology 1965;13:308–13.
33. Mullane KM, Kraemer R, Smith B. Myeloperoxidase activity as a quantitative assessment of neutrophil infiltration into ischemic myocardium. J Pharmacol Methods 1985;14:157–67.
34. Li R, Wang Y, Zhao E, Wu K, Li W, Shi L, et al. Maresin 1, a Proresolving Lipid Mediator, Mitigates Carbon Tetrachloride-Induced Liver Injury in Mice. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016;2016:9203716.
35. Gong J, Liu H, Wu J, Qi H, Wu ZY, Shu HQ, et al. Maresin 1 prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced neutrophil survival and accelerates resolution of acute lung injury. Shock 2015;44:371–80.
36. Gong J, Wu ZY, Qi H, Chen L, Li HB, Li B, et al. Maresin 1 mitigates LPS-induced acute lung injury in mice. Br J Pharmacol 2014;171:3539–50.
37. Nordgren TM, Bauer CD, Heires AJ, Poole JA, Wyatt TA, West WW, et al. Maresin-1 reduces airway inflammation associated with acute and repetitive exposures to organic dust. Transl Res 2015;166:57–69.