Objective: The aim of this study was to compare the effects of breast-conserving surgery (BCS) and subcutaneous mastectomy with implant reconstruction (SMIR) in terms of postoperative psychosocial effects, sexuality, and quality of life. Methods: Demographic data and clinical breast cancer parameters of patients who underwent BCS (n=48) or SMIR (n=27) between January 2012 and December 2016 were reviewed retrospectively. The data were collected via face-to-face interview using the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Quality of Life Questionnaire (EORTC QLQ-C30) and the breast cancer-specific submodule, EORTC QLQ-BR23. Results: In this study group, 23 (48%) patients who underwent BCS and 25 (92.6%) patients who underwent SMIR were premenopausal (p
Amaç: Meme koruyucu cerrahi (MKC) ile subkutan mastektomi-implant ile rekonstrüksiyon (SMİR) uygulanan hastaların ameliyat sonrası psikososyal, cinsel ve genel yaşam kaliteleri üzerindeki etkilerinin karşılaştırılması amaçlandı. Gereç ve Yöntem: Ocak 2012 ile Aralık 2016 tarihleri arasında meme kanseri tanısı ile MKC (n=48) ve SMİR (n=27) uygulanan hastaların demografik verileri ve meme kanseri klinik parametreleri geriye dönük olarak incelendi. Yaşam kalitesi verileri, yüz yüze görüşme ile EORTC QLQ-C30 (European Organisation for the Research and Treatment of Cancer Quality of Life) ve meme kanserine özel alt modülü EORTC QLQ-BR23 anketleri uygulanarak elde edildi. Bulgular: Grup MKC’deki hastaların 23’ü (%48), Grup SMİR’dekilerin 25’i (%92.6) premenopozaldi (p
1. Burstein HJ, Harris JR, Morrow M. Malignant tumors of the breast. In: De Vita VT Jr, LAwrence TS, Rosenberg SA, editors. DeVita, Hellman and Rosenberg’s Cancer; Principles & Practice of Oncology. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2011. p. 1401–46.
2. Yılmaz MR. Meme Kanserinin Epidemiyolojisi ve Etiyolojisi. Meme Kanseri. In: Esin Emin Üstün editor. İzmir: Ege Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Dekanlığı, Yayın Bürosu; 2002. p. 25–40.
3. Brenin DR, Morrow M, Moughan J, Owen JB, Wilson JF, Winchester DP. Management of axillary lymph nodes in breast cancer: a national patterns of care study of 17,151 patients. Ann Surg 1999;230:686– 91.
4. Veiga DF, Veiga-Filho J, Ribeiro LM, Archangelo I Jr, Balbino PF, Caetano LV, et al. Quality-of-life and self esteem outcomes after oncoplastic breast-conserving surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg 2010;125:811–7.
5. Singletary SE. Surgical margins in patients with early-stage breast cancer treated with breast conservation therapy. Am J Surg 2002;184:383–93.
6. Yang JD, Lee JW, Cho YK, Kim WW, Hwang SO, Jung JH, et al. Surgical techniques for personalized oncoplastic surgery in breast cancer patients with small- to moderate-sized breasts (part 2): volume replacement. J Breast Cancer 2012;15:7–14.
7. Clarke M, Collins R, Darby S, Davies C, Elphinstone P, Evans V, et al. Effects of radiotherapy and of differences in the extent of surgery for early breast cancer on local recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trials. Lancet 2005;366:2087–106.
8. Sneeuw KC, Aaronson NK, Yarnold JR, Broderick M, Regan J, Ross G, et al. Cosmetic and functional outcomes of breast conserving treatment for early stage breast cancer. 2. Relationship with psychosocial functioning. Radiother Oncol 1992;25:160–6.
9. Özkan S, Meme Kanserli Hastaya Psikolojik Yaklaşım. VIII. Ulusal Meme Hastalıkları Kongresi Özet Kitabı, 2005, s. 21–4.
10. Zanapalıoğlu, Y, Atahan K, Gür S,Çökmez A, Tarcan E, et al. , Effect Of Breast Conserving Surgery In Quality Of Life In Breast Cancer Patients. The Journal Of Breast Health 2009;5:152–6.
11. Guzelant A, Goksel T, Ozkok S, Tasbakan S, Aysan T, Bottomley A. The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer QLQ-C30: an examination into the cultural validity and reliability of the Turkish version of the EORTC QLQ-C30. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 2004;13:135–44.
12. Rabinovitch R, Kavanagh B. Double Helix of breast cancer therapy: intertwining the Halsted and Fisher hypotheses. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:2422–3.
13. Fisher B, Bauer M, Margolese R, Poisson R, Pilch Y, Redmond C, et al. Five-year results of a randomized clinical trial comparing total mastectomy and segmental mastectomy with or without radiation in the treatment of breast cancer. N Engl J Med 1985;312:665–73.
14. Nissen MJ, Swenson KK, Ritz LJ, Farrell JB, Sladek ML, Lally RM. Quality of life after breast carcinoma surgery: a comparison of three surgical procedures. Cancer 2001;91:1238–46.
15. Sun Y, Kim SW, Heo CY, Kim D, Hwang Y, Yom CK, et al. Comparison of quality of life based on surgical technique in patients with breast cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol 2014;44:22–7.
16. Kaviani A, Mir M, Daryani A, Bonyadi M, Ebrahimi M, Neishaboury M, et al. Quality Of Life After Breast Concervation Versus Onoplastic Surgery. Archives Of Breast Concervation Versus Oncoplastic Surgery 2015;2:46–51.