Girişimcilik ve Ekonomik Kalkınma
Bu makale, küçük ve orta ölçekli firmalarda girişimciliğin önemini ve girişimciliğin ekonomik gelişme sürecindeki önemi tartışılacaktır. Girişimcilik, ekonomik büyümeyi saglayan önemli faktörlerden biri olarak düşünülmektedir. Girişimciler üretim süreçlerinde ve/veya yeni ürünlerle pazara girerek önemli yenilikler yapabilirler. Küçük işletmeler, girişimciliğin kaynağı olarak değerlendirilirler. İstihdam olanaklarının, gelir düzeyinin artmasına ve yenilikçiliğe katkıda bulunarak, rekabet gücünün gelişmesini sağlayabilirler. Schumpeter girişimcileri genellikle küçük işletmelerde bulunurlar. Ekonomik geliş- meye en azından dört alanda katkıda bulunurlar: küçük işletmeler girişimcidirler, onlar önemli yenilikçi faaliyetlerin kaynağıdırlar ve teknolojiyi geliştirme sürecinde önemli rolleri vardır, onlar sanayileşmeye katkıda bulunurlar ve son yıllarda yeni yaratılan mesleklerin oluşumunda önemli katkıları vardır.
Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
This article examines the importance of the entrepreneurship in the economic development and explains the relationship between small firms and entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship is generally recognized to be one of the important factors in economic growth. Entrepreneurs may introduce important innovations by entering markets with new products and/or production processes. Small businesses are considered a vehicle for entrepreneurship and a source of employment and income and contribute to innovative and competitive power. Schumpeterian entrepreneurs are found mostly in small firms. They make at least four main contributions to the economic development: they are entrepreneurs, they are the source of substantial innovative activity and play significant roles in the process of technological modifications, and they encourage industrial development, and constitute an important share of the newly created jobs in recent years
- Acs, Zoltan J., and D. B. Audretsch (1988), “Innovation in Large and Small Firms: An Em- pirical Analysis”, American Economic Review, 78, 678-690.
- Acs, Zoltan J., and D. B. Audretsch (1990), Innovation and Small Firms, Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Acs, Zoltan (1996), “Small Firms and Economic Growth” In Acs, Zoltan J., Bo Carlsson, and Roy Thurik (eds), Small Business in the Modern Economy,USA: Blackwell Publishers.
- Almeida, P., and B. Kogut (1997), “The Exploration of Technological Diversity and Geo- graphic Localization in Innovation: Start-Up Firms in the Semiconductor Industry”, Small Business Economics, 9 (1), 21-31.
- Audretsch, D., and Roy Thurik (2001), What is new about the new economy: source of growth in the managed and entrepreneurial economies, Industrial and Corporate Change, 19 , 795-821.
- Audretsch, D., and Roy Thurik (2004), “A Model of the Entrepreneurial Economy”, Discus- sion Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy, Max Planck Institute for Re- search into Economic Systems Group Entrepreneurship, No.1204.
- Baumol, William J. (1990), “Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive”, The Journal of Political Economy, 98 (5), 893-921.
- Baumol, W. J. (1993), Entrepreneurship, Management and the Structure of Payoffs, Cam- bridge: MIT Press.
- Baumol, W. J. (2002), The Free-Market Innovation machine; Analyzing the Growth Miracle of Capitalism, Princeton University Press.
- Binks, Martin, and Philip Vale (1990), Entrepreneurship and Economic Change, London: McGraw-Hill Book Company.
- Brock, W. A., and D. S. Evans (1989),“Small Business Economics”, Small Business Econom- ics, 1, 7-20.
- Çetindamar, Ö, (2002), Türkiye’de Girişimcilik, Yayın No. TÜSİAD-T/2002-12/340
- Curran, J., and J. Stanworth (1989), “Education and Training for Enterprise: Some Prob- lems of Classification, Evaluation, Policy and Research”, International Small Business Journal, 7(2), 11-22.
- Dejardin, Marcus (2000), “Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth: An Obvious Conjunc- tion?” CREW, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences University, University of Na- mur, , Nov, Belgium.
- GEM (Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, 2003), south African Executive Report, The Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town.
- GEM (Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, 2004), Executive Report, London Business Scholl and Babson College
- GEM (Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, 2005), Executive Report, London Business School and Bobson College
- Henderson, Jason (2002) “Building the Rural Economy with High-Growth Entrepreneurs”, Federal Reserve Banks of Kansas City Economic Review, 87 (3), 45-70.
- Kirzner, Israel M. (1973), Competition and Entrepreneurship, Chicago and London: The Uni- versity of Chicago Press.
- Kirzner, Israel M. (1997), “Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach”, Journal of Economic Literature, 35 (1), 60-85.
- Knight, Frank (1921), Risk, Uncertainty and Profit, Boston and New York: Houghton-Mifflin.
- Kreft, Steven F., and Russell S. Sobel (2005), “Public Policy, Entrepreneurship and Eco- nomic Growth”, Cota journal, 25(3), 595-616.
- Minniti, Maria (1999), “Entrepreneurial Activity and Economic Growth”, Global Business and Economics Review, 1 (1), 31-42.
- OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development, 1998), Fostering Entre- preneurship, Paris, France.
- OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development, 2003), Entrepreneur- ship and Local Economic Development Programme and Policy Recommendations, Paris, France.
- Robbins, D. Keith, Louis J. Pantuosco, Darrell F. Parker, and Barbara K. Fuller (2000), “An Empirical Assessment of the Contribution of Small Business Employment to U.S. State Economic Performance”, Small Business Economics, 15 (4), 293-302.
- Schumpeter, J. A. (1934), The Theory of Economic Development, Cambridge: Harvard Uni- versity Press.
- Schumpeter, J. A. (1950), Capitalism, Socialism and Democracy, New York: Harper and Row.
- Shane, Scottt (1995), “Is the Independent Entrepreneurial Firm a Valuable Organizational Form?”, Academy of Management Journal, 110-114.
- Tosunoğlu, B, T. (2003), Girişimcilik ve Türkiye’nin Ekonomik Gelişme Sürecinde Girişim- ciliğin Yeri, Doktora tezi, Anadolu Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Eskişehir.
- Thurik, A. Roy. (1996), “Small Firms, Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth”, in P.H. Ad- miraal (ed.), Small Business in the Modern Economy, Oxford: Basil Blackwell Publishers.
- Wennekers, Sander, and Roy Thurik (1999), “Linking Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth”, Small Business Economics, 13, 27-55.
- Yu, Tony Fu-Lai (1998), “Adaptive Entrepreneurship and the Economic Development of Hong Kong”, World Development, 26(5), 897-911.
|| Karadeniz, E. E.
Girişimcilik ve Ekonomik Kalkınma
Kocaeli Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi
, (11) ,