AMAÇ: Aynı sağlık kurulu?unda be? yıllık süre içerisinde ameliyat sonrası ağrı sağaltımındaki deği?imleri belirlemektir. YÖNTEM: Bu gözlemsel çalı?ma Ege Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Hastanesi'nin Genel Cerrahi ve Kalp Damar Cerrahisi kliniklerinde yapıldı. Örneklem sırasıyla 2008 ve 20013 yıllarında ameliyat olan 103 ve 96 hastayı içerdi. Veriler ameliyat sonrası ikinci günde yüz yüze görü?me ile bir anket formu kullanılarak toplandı. İki zaman aralığının verileri uygun yöntemlerle kar?ıla?tırıldı ve incelendi. BULGULAR: Katılımcıların ya? ortalamaları 2008 ve 2013'te sırasıyla 57.34 ± 12.35 ve 51.9 ± 15.76'ydı. En dü?ük ağrı skoru ve görü?me anındaki ağrı skoru sırasıyla 2,1'den 2,3'e ve 2'den 2,6'ya yükselse de, çalı?ma süresince olu?an deği?iklik anlamlı değildi (p>0,05). Ancak, ağrı sağaltımı yönteminden memnuniyet 8,6'dan 6,9'a dü?mü?tü (p
AIM: To evaluate the changes in the quality of postoperative pain management in Ş ve years time in the same health institute.METHODS: This observational study was conducted in the General Surgery and Cardiovascular Surgery clinics of Ege University School of Medicine. The sample included 103 and 96 patients operated in 2008 and 2013, respectively. Data was collected by using a questionnaire with face to face interview in the second post-operative day. The data of the two time periods was compared and analyzed appropriately.RESULTS: Mean age of the participants was 57.34 ± 12.35 and 51.9 ± 15.76 years in 2008 and 2013, respectively. Although the minimum pain score and the pain score during interview increased from 2.1 to 2.3 and from 2 to 2.6, respectively, the change between two study years was not signiŞ cant (p>0.05). However, satisfaction from the pain management regime decreased from 8.6 to 6.9 (p0.05).CONCLUSION: It seems that the quality of pain management has not been improved and patients experience same levels of pain over a period of Ş ve years. However, they express more dissatisfaction
1. Acute pain management: Operative or medical procedures and trauma. I. Agency for Health Care Policy and Research. Clin Pharm 1992;11:309–31.
2. Bogduk N. Ağrıya genel bir bakış. In: Terzi C, editör. Temel cerrahi bilimler. İzmir: Uşşak Matbaacılık; 2002:3–12.
3. Strode I, Seimane S. Assessment of acute pain in nursing practice in latvia. Int J Collaborative Research on Internal Medicine and Public Health 2011;3:320–6.
4. Francis L, Fitzpatrick JJ. Postoperative pain: Nurses’ knowledge and patients’ experiences. Pain Management Nursing 2013;14:351–7.
5. Apfelbaum JL, Chen C, Mehta SS, et al. Postoperative pain experience: results from a national survey suggest postoperative pain continues to be undermanaged. Anesth Analg 2003;97:534–40.
6. Sommer M, De Rijke JM, Van Kleef M, et al. Th e prevalence of postoperative pain in a sample of 1490 surgical inpatients. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2008;25:267–74.
7. Edirne S. Ağrı. İstanbul: Nobel Tıp Kitapevi; 2000:20–9.
8. Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement Health Care Guideline: Assessment and management of acute pain 6th Edition, 2008. [cited 2014 Aug 12]. Available from: http:// almacen-gpc.dynalias.org/publico/Tratamiento%20dolor%20 agudo%20ICSI.pdf
9. American Pain Society Quality of Care Committee(APS). Quality improvement guidelines for the treatment of acute and cancer pain. JAMA 1995;274:1874–80.
10. Gordon DB, Pellino TA, Miaskowski C, et al. A 10-year review of quality improvement monitoring in pain management: Recommendations for standardized outcome measures. Pain Management Nursing 2002;3:116–30.
11. Usichenko TI, Röttenbacher I, Kohlmann T, et al. Implementation of the quality management system improves postoperative pain treatment: a prospective pre-/postinterventional questionnaire study. Br J Anaesth 2012;9:1–9.
12. Idvall E, Hamrin E, Sjöström B. Quality indicators in postoperative pain management: validation study. Scand J Caring Sci 2001;15:331–8.
13. Daut RL, Cleeland CS, Flanery RC. Development of the Wisconsin brief pain questionnaire to assess pain in cancer and other diseases. Pain 1983;17:197–210.
14. Idvall E, Hamrin E, Sjöström B, et al. Patient and nurse assessment of quality of care in postoperative pain management. Quality and Safety in Health Care 2002;11:327–34.
15. Idvall E, Hamrin E, Unosson M. Development of an instrument to measure strategic and clinical quality indicators in postoperative pain management. J Adv Nurs 2002;37:532–40.
16. Yüceer S. Nursing approaches in the postoperative pain management. Klinik ve Deneysel Araştırmalar Dergisi 2011;2:474–8.
17. Rothaug J, Zaslansky R, Schwenkglenks M. et al. Patients’ perception of postoperative pain management: Validation of the international pain outcomes (IPO) Questionnaire. Th e Journal of Pain 2013;14:1361–70.
18. Sloman R, Rosen G, Rom M, et al. Nurses’ assesment of pain in surgical patients. J Adv Nurs 2005;52:125–32.
19. Özer N, Bölükbaşı N. Postoperatif dönemdeki hastaların ağrıyı tanımlamaları ve hemşirelerin ağrılı hastalara yönelik girişimlerinin incelenmesi. Atatürk Üniversitesi Hemşirelik Yüksekokulu Dergisi 2001;4:7–17.
20. Brown C, Constance K, Bedard D, et al. Colorectal surgery patients’ pain status, activities, satisfaction, and beliefs about pain and pain management. Pain Management Nursing 2013;14:184–92.
21. Joshi GP, Kehlet H. Procedure-specifi c pain management: Th e road to improve postsurgical pain management? Anesthesiology 2013;118:780–2.
22. Joshi GP, Bonnet F, Kehlet H. Evidence-based postoperative pain management aft er laparoscopic colorectal surgery. Colorectal Dis 2013;15:146–55.
23. Ay F, Alpar EŞ. Postoperatif ağrı ve hemşirelik uygulamaları. Ağrı 2010;22:21–9.
24. Eti Aslan F, Demir Korkmaz F, Karabacak Ü. Pain in cardiac surgery and the nursing approach. Türk Göğüs Kalp Damar Cerrahisi Dergisi 2012;20:172–6.
25. Yıldırım YK, Uyar M. Etkili kanser ağrı yönetimindeki bariyerler. Ağrı 2006;18:12–9.
26. Zeitz K, McCutcheon H. Policies that drive the nursing practice of postoperative observations. Int J Nurs Stud 2002;39:831–9.
27. Kim YJ, Park HA. Analysis of nursing records of cardiac-surgery patients based on the nursing process and focusing on nursing outcomes. Int J Med Inform 2005;74:952–9.
28. Darawad MW, Al-Hussami M, Saleh A, et al. Jordanian patients’ satisfaction with pain management. Pain Management Nursing 2012;27:1–10.
29. Gunningberg L, Idvall E. Th e quality of postoperative pain management from the perspectives of patients, nurses and patient records. Journal of Nursing Management 2007;15:756–66.
30. Milutinovic D, Milovanovic V, Pjevic M, et al. Assessment of quality of care in acute postoperative pain management. Vojnosanit Pregl 2009;66:156–62.
31. Abdalrahim MS, Majali SA, Stomberg MW, et al. Th e eff ect of postoperative pain management program on improving nurses’ knowledge and attitudes toward pain. Nurse Education in Practice 2011;11:250–5.