Gergin omurilik sendromu bir çocukluk çağı hastalığıdır ve erişkin yaşta nadiren görülür. Erişkin hastalarda çocuklardan farklı olarak ağrı ve mesane disfonksiyonu esas semptomlardır. Erişkin çağda bel ağrısı ayırıcı tanısında gergin omurilik sendromu mutlaka akılda tutulmalıdır. Semptomatik hastalarda deneyimli bir cerrah tarafından yapılacak cerrahi yüz güldürücüdür. Bu makalede cerrahi ile başarıyla tedavi edilen iki erişkin gergin omurilik sendromu hastası sunulmuştur.
Tethered cord syndrome is a childhood disease and rarely seen in adults. In adult patient's pain and bladder dysfunction are essential symptoms in respect of children. While evaluating the low back pain, the diagnosis of tethered cord syndrome must keep in mind at adulthood. Surgery performed by an experienced surgeon is satisfactory at symptomatic patients. Here we presented two cases of adult tethered cord syndrome treated with surgery successfully.
1. Akay KM, Ersahin Y, Cakir Y. Tethered cord syndrome in adults. Acta Neurochir (Wien) 2000; 142: 1111-1115.
2. Cardoso M, Keating RF. Neurosurgical management of spinal dysraphism and neurogenic scoliosis. Spine 2009; 34: 1775-1782.
3. Garg K, Tandon V, Kumar R, Sharma BS, Mahapatra AK. Management of adult tethered cord syndrome: Our experience and review of literature. Neurol India 2014; 62: 137-143.
4. Hoffman HJ, Hendrick EB, Humphreys RP. The tethered spinal cord: its protean manifestations, diagnosis and surgical correction. Childs Brain 1976; 2: 145-155.
5. Kale SS, Mahapatra AK. The role of somatosensory evoked potentials in spinal dysraphism do they have a prognostic significance? Childs Nerv Sys 1998; 14: 328- 332.
6. Keating MA, Rink RC, Bauer SB, Krarup C, Dyro FM, Winston KR. Neurological implications of the changing approach in management of occult spinal lesions. J Urol 1988; 140: 1299-1301.
7. Kondo A, Kato K, Kanai S, Sakakibara T. Bladder dysfunction secondary to tethered cord syndrome in adults: Is it curable? J Urol 1986; 135: 313-316.
8. Lee GY, Paradiso G, Tator CH, Gentili F, Massicotte EM, Fehlings MG. Surgical management of tethered cord syndrome in adults: indications, techniques, and long-term outcomes in 60 patients. J Neurosurg Spine 2006; 4: 123-131.
9. McLone DG. The adult with a tethered cord. Clin Neurosurg 1996; 43: 203-209.
10. Pang D, Wilberger JE Jr. Tethered cord syndrome in adults. J Neurosurg 1982; 57: 32-47.
11. Phuong LK, Schoeberl KA, Raffel C. Natural history of tethered cord in patients with meningomyelocele. Neurosurgery 2002; 50: 989-995.
12. Roy MW, Gilmore R, Walsh JW. Evaluation of children and young adults with tethered spinal cord syndrome. Utility of spinal and scalp recorded somatosensory evoked potentials. Surg Neurol 1986; 26: 241-248.
13. Yamada S, Won DJ, Yamada SM. Pathophysiology of tethered cord syndrome. Correlation with symptomatology. Neurosurg Focus 2004; 16: E6.
14. Yamada S, Won DS. What is the true tethered cord syndrome? Childs Nerv Syst 2007; 23: 371-375.