Introduction: To compare the effectiveness of tadalafil alone and in combination with dapoxetine in patients with premature ejaculation. Methods: In this study, 120 patients treated at the urology clinic for premature ejaculation were evaluated prospectively. IELT and IIEF forms of patients were filled before this study, and their urological examinations were performed. Patients that were being treated were divided into two groups. Patients in group 1 received only 5 mg tadalafil, whereas patients in group 2 received a combination of dapoxetine 30 mg and tadalafil 5 mg. Results: After the treatment, group 1 mean IEFF scores were 25.12±2.49, and mean IELT scores were 7.35±4.37 seconds. There was a statistically significant increase in both parameters (p
1. Sandercoe GD, Brooke-Cowden GL. Developmental anomaly of the inferior vena cava. ANZ J Surg 2003;73:356–60.
2. Harrill CH. Retrocaval ureter. Report of a case with operative correction of the defect. The Journal of Urology 1940;44:450.
3. Anderson JC, Hynes W. Retrocaval ureter; a case diagnosed pre-operatively and treated successfully by a plastic operation. Br J Urol 1949;21:209–14.
4. Bauer JJ, Bishoff JT, Moore RG, Chen RN, Iverson AJ, Kavoussi LR. Laparoscopic versus open pyeloplasty: assessment of objective and subjective outcome. J Urol 1999;162:692–5.
5. Baldwin DD, Dunbar JA, Wells N, McDougall EM. Single-center comparison of laparoscopic pyeloplasty, Acucise endopyelotomy, and open pyeloplasty. J Endourol 2003;17:155–60.
6. Bateson EM, Atkinson D. Circumcaval ureter: a new classification. Clin Radiol 1969;20:173–7.
7. Rubinstein I, Cavalcanti AG, Canalini AF, Freitas MA, Accioly PM. Left retrocaval ureter associated with inferior vena caval duplication. J Urol 1999;162:1373–4.
8. Salonia A, Maccagnano C, Lesma A, Naspro R, Suardi N, Guazzoni G, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of the circumcaval ureter. European Urology Supplements 2006;5:449–62.
9. Pais VM, Strandhoy JW, Assimos DG. Pathophysiology of urinary tract obstruction. In: Wein AJ, Kavoussi LR, Novick AC, Partin AW, Peters CA (editors). Campbell-Walsh Urology, Vol 2. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders-Elsevier; 2007. p. 1195–226.
10. Bass JE, Redwine MD, Kramer LA, Huynh PT, Harris JH Jr. Spectrum of congenital anomalies of the inferior vena cava: crosssectional imaging findings. Radiographics 2000;20:639–52.
11. Huntington SS, McClure CF. The development of the veins in the domestic cat. Anat Rec 1920;20:1.
12. Ielsen PB. Retrocaval ureter; report of a case. Acta radiol 1959;51:179–88.
13. Perimenis P, Gyftopoulos K, Athanasopoulos A, Pastromas V, Barbalias G. Retrocaval ureter and associated abnormalities. Int Urol Nephrol 2002;33:19–22.
14. Simforoosh N, Nouri-Mahdavi K, Tabibi A. Laparoscopic pyelopyelostomy for retrocaval ureter without excision of the retrocaval segment: first report of 6 cases. J Urol 2006;175:2166–9.
15. Chung BI, Gill IS. Laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty of a retrocaval ureter: case report and review of the literature. Eur Urol 2008;54:1433–6.
16. Yen JM, Lee LS, Cheng CW. Conservative management of retrocaval Ureter: A case series. Int J Surg Case Rep 2015;15:93–5.
17. Baba S, Oya M, Miyahara M, Deguchi N, Tazaki H. Laparoscopic surgical correction of circumcaval ureter. Urology 1994;44:122–6.
18. Autorino R, Khanna R, White MA, Haber GP, Shah G, Kaouk JH, et al. Laparoendoscopic single-site repair of retrocaval ureter: first case report. Urology 2010;76:1501–5.
19. Dogan HS, Oktay B, Vuruskan H, Yavascaoglu I. Treatment of retrocaval ureter by pure laparoscopic pyelopyelostomy: experience on 4 patients. Urology 2010;75:1343–7.
20. Ding GQ, Xu LW, Li XD, Li GH, Yu YL, Yu DM, et al. Pure transperitoneal laparoscopic correction of retrocaval ureter. Chin Med J 2012;125:2382–5.
21. Xu DF, Yao YC, Ren JZ, Liu YS, Gao Y, Che JP, et aş. Retroperitoneal laparoscopic ureteroureterostomy for retrocaval ureter: report of 7 cases. Urology 2009;74:1242–5.
22. Li HZ, Ma X, Qi L, Shi TP, Wang BJ, Zhang X. Retroperitoneal laparoscopic ureteroureterostomy for retrocaval ureter: report of 10 cases and literature review. Urology 2010;76:873–6.
23. Chen Z, Chen X, Wu ZH, Luo YC, Li NN. Treatment of retrocaval ureter by retroperitoneal laparoscopic ureteroureterostomy: experience on 12 patients. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2011;21:803–7.
24. Ricciardulli S, Ding Q, Zhang X. Retroperitoneal laparoscopic approach for retrocaval ureter: Our experience on 27 cases. J Urol Res 2015;2:1033.
25. Ji C, Zhang G, Zhang S, Zhao X, Lian H, Li X, et al. [Transperitoneal and retroperitoneal laparoscopic ureteroureterostomy for retrocaval ureter]. [Article in Chinese]. Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 2014;52:580–3.
26. Matsuda T, Yasumoto R, Tsujino T. Laparoscopic treatment of a retrocaval ureter. Eur Urol 1996;29:115–8.
27. Ramalingam M, Selvarajan K. Laparoscopic transperitoneal repair of retrocaval ureter: report of two cases. J Endourol 2003;17:85–7.
28. El Harrech Y, Ghoundale O, Kasmaoui EH, Touiti D. Transperitoneal Laparoscopic Pyelopyelostomy for Retrocaval Ureter without Excision of the Retrocaval Segment: Experience on Three Cases. Adv Urol 2016;2016:5709134.
29. Salomon L, Hoznek A, Balian C, Gasman D, Chopin DK, Abbou CC. Retroperitoneal laparoscopy of a retrocaval ureter. BJU Int 1999;84:181–2.
30. Gupta NP, Hemal AK, Singh I, Khaitan A. Retroperitoneoscopic ureterolysis and reconstruction of retrocaval ureter. J Endourol 2001;15:291–3.
31. Kumar M, Kumar R, Hemal AK, Gupta NP. Complications of retroperitoneoscopic surgery at one centre. BJU Int 2001;87:607–12.
32. Fidalgo N, Pinheiro H, Ferronha F, Morales J, Campos Pinheiro L. Minimally Invasive Approach of a Retrocaval Ureter. Case Rep Urol 2016;2016:3591832.
33. Nayak B, Dogra PN, Gupta NP. Robotic repair of retrocaval ureter: A case series. Afr J Urol 2012;18:135–7.
34. Ishitoya S, Okubo K, Arai Y. Laparoscopic ureterolysis for retrocaval ureter. Br J Urol 1996;77:162–3.
35. Tobias-Machado M, Lasmar MT, Wroclawski ER. Retroperitoneoscopic surgery with extracorporeal uretero-ureteral anastomosis for treating retrocaval ureter. Int Braz J Urol 2005;31:147–50.
36. Aykan S, Akin Y, Pelit ES, Gulmez H, Tuken M, Colakerol A, et al. Impact of Motorized Articulating Laparoscopic Devices with Three-Dimension Visualizing System: A Pilot Study. J Endourol 2017;31:174–9.
37. Kang N, Zhang JH, Niu YN, Wang JW, Tian XQ, Yong Y, et al. Retroperitoneal laparoendoscopic single-site surgery for the treatment of retrocaval ureter. World J Urol 2013;31:205–11.
38. Raman JD, Bagrodia A, Cadeddu JA. Single-incision, umbilical laparoscopic versus conventional laparoscopic nephrectomy: a comparison of perioperative outcomes and short-term measures of convalescence. Eur Urol 2009;55:1198–204.
39. Tracy CR, Raman JD, Bagrodia A, Cadeddu JA. Perioperative outcomes in patients undergoing conventional laparoscopic versus laparoendoscopic single-site pyeloplasty. Urology 2009;74:1029–34.
40. Hemal AK, Rao R, Sharma S, Clement RG. Pure robotic retrocaval ureter repair. Int Braz J Urol 2008;34:734–8.
41. LeRoy TJ, Thiel DD, Igel TC. Robot-assisted laparoscopic reconstruction of retrocaval ureter: description and video of technique. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2011;21:349–51.