Akut böbrek hasarı (ABH) ve kronik böbrek hastalığının (KBH) risk faktörleri, etiyoloji, klinik ve laboratuvar bulgular açısından pek çok ortak noktası bulunmaktadır. Bu derlemede ABH sonrası sonlanımı, KBH riskini, kardiyovasküler ve tüm nedenlere bağlı mortaliteyi ve ABH ve KBH arasındaki ilişkinin altında yatan mekanizmaları tartışmayı amaçladık.
Acute kidney injury (AKI) and chronic kidney disease (CKD) have many common points regarding risk factors, etiology, clinical and laboratory factors. We aimed in this review to discuss the outcome, the risk of CKD, cardiovascular and overall mortality risk after AKI, and the mechanisms underlying the relationship between AKI and CKD.
1. Liano F, Felipe C, Tenoiro MT, et al. Long-term outcome of acute tubular necrosis: a contribution to its natural history. Kidney Int 2007;71:679-86.
2. Ishani A, Xue JL, Himmelfarb J, et al. Acute kidney injury increases risk of ESRD among elderly. J Am Soc Nephrol 2009;20:223-8.
3. Coca SG, Singanamala S, Parikh CR. Chronic kidney disease after acute kidney injury: a systematic review and metaanalysis. Kidney Int 2012;81:442-8.
4. Chertow MG, Burdick E, Honour M, Bonventre JV, Bates DW. Acute kidney injury, mortality, length of stay, and costs in hospitalized patients. J Am Soc Nephrol 2005;16:3365-70.
5. Coca SG, Peixoto AJ, Garg AX, Krumholz HM, Parikh CR. The prognostic importance of a small acute decrement in kidney function in hospitalized patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Kidney Dis 2007;50:712-20.
6. Lo LJ, Go AS, Chertow GM, et al. Dialysis-requiring acute renal failure increases the risk of progressive chronic kidney disease. Kidney Int 2009;76:893-9.
7. Wald R, Quinn RR, Luo J, et al. Chronic dialysis and death among survivors of acute kidney injury requiring dialysis. JAMA 2009;302:1179-85.
8. Amdur RL, Chawla LS, Amodeo S, Kimmel PL, Palant CE. Outcomes following diagnosis of acute renal failure in U.S. veterans: focus on acute tubular necrosis. Kidney Int 2009;76:1089-97.
9. USRDS 2007 Annual Data Report. http://www.usrds.org/ atlas07.aspx.
10. Star RA. Treatment of acute renal failure. Kidney Int 1998;54:1817-31.
11. Chawla LS, Amdur RL, Amodeo S, Kimmel PL, Palant CE. The severity of acute kidney injury predicts progression to chronic kidney disease. Kidney Int 2011;79:1361-9.
12. Thakar CV, Christianson A, Himmelfarb J, Leonard AC. Acute kidney injury episodes and chronic kidney disease risk in diabetes mellitus. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2011;6:2567-72.
13. Ozturk S, Arpaci D, Yazici H, et al. Outcomes of acute renal failure patients requiring intermittant hemodialysis. Ren Fail 2007;29:991-6.
14. James MT, Ghali WA, Knudtson ML, et al. Associations between acute kidney injury and cardiovascular and renal outcomes after coronary angiography. Circulation 2011;123:409-16.
15. Tsagalis G, Akrivos T, Alevizaki M, et al. Renal dysfunction in acute stroke: an independent predictor of long-term all combined vascular events and overall mortality. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2009;24:194-200.
16. Chawla LS, Amdur RL, Shaw AD, Faselis C, Palant CE, Kimmel PL. Association between AKI and long-term renal and cardiovascular outcomes in United States veterans. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2014;9:448-56.
17. Ratliff BB, Rabadi MM, Vasko R, Yasuda K, Goligorsky MS. Messengers without borders: mediators of systemic inflammatory response in AKI. J Am Soc Nephrol 2013;24:529- 36.
18. Dhaun N, Webb DJ. The road from AKI to CKD: the role of endothelin. Kidney Int 2013;84:637-8.
19. Zager RA, Johnson AC, Andress D, Becker K. Progressive endothelin-1 gene activation initiates chronic/end stage renal disease following experimental ischemic-reperfusion injury. Kidney Int 2013;84:703-12.
20. Reichel RR. Acute kidney injury: quoi de neuf? Ochsner J 2014;14:359-68.
21. Leemans JC, Stokman G, Claessen N, et al. Renal-associated TLR2 mediates ischemia/reperfusion injury in the kidney. J Clin Invest 2005;115:2894-903.
22. Basile DP, Donohoe D, Roethe K, Osborn JL. Renal ischemic injury results in permanent damage to peritubular capillaries and influences long-term function. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2001;281:887-99.
23. Zager RA, Johnson AC, Becker K. Acute unilateral ischemic renal injury induces progressive renal inflammation, lipid accumulation, histone modification, and "end-stage" kidney disease. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2011;301:1334-45.
24. Chawla LS, Kimmel PL. Acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease: an integrated clinical syndrome. Kidney Int 2012;82:516-24.
25. Venkatachalam MA, Griffin KA, Lan R, Geng H, Saikumar P, Bidani AK. Acute kidney injury: a springboard for progression in chronic kidney disease. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2010;298:1078-94.
26. Hostetter TH. Progression of renal disease and renal hypertrophy. Annu Rev Physiol 1995;57:263-78.
27. Xue JL, Daniels F, Star RA, et al. Incidence and mortality of acute renal failure in Medicare beneficiaries, 1992 to 2001. J Am Soc Nephrol 2006;17:1135-42.
28. Hsu CY, Ordonez JD, Chertow GM, Fan D, McCulloch CE, Go AS. The risk of acute renal failure in patients with chronic kidney disease. Kidney Int 2008;74:101-7.
29. Berk BC, Fujiwara K, Lehoux S. ECM remodeling in hypertensive heart disease. J Clin Invest 2007;117:568-75.
30. Leelahavanichkul A, Huang Y, Hu X, et al. Chronic kidney disease worsens sepsis and sepsis-induced acute kidney injury by releasing High Mobility Group Box Protein-1. Kidney Int 2011;80:1198-211.