Kepçe kulak deformitesi, cerrahi tedavisi mümkün olan ve toplumda en sık rastlanan doğumsal kulak deformitesidir. Kulakta ortaya çıkan şekil bozukluğu erken dönemde tedavi edilmediğinde hastalar üzerinde kendilerine zarar verebilecek boyutlara ulaşabilen psikolojik ve sosyal problemlere yol açabilmektedir.Bu yazıda, kepçe kulak deformitesini gizlemek için 4 yıl süre ile kulaklarını siyanoakrilat ile yapıştıran ve buna bağlı cilt düzensizlikleri oluşan bir hastaya uygulanan takip ve tedavi süreci kepçe kulak deformitesine bağlı oluşan psikososyal sorunlar ele alınarak sunulmuştur.
The use of cyanoacrylate for otoplasty: Case reportProminent ear deformity is the most common congenital ear deformity of the population. The deformation of the ear can be treated successfully by various surgical approaches with high patient satisfaction rates. However, if not treated early the aesthetic and psychological impact of the malformation on the patient can be profound.We report an unusual case who had used cyanoacrylate adhesive to his postauricular skin for camouflage of his prominent ear deformity. In this case, surgical management of the deformed ear and postoperative outcomes are presented with psychosocial viewpoint of the deformity.
1. Kelley P, Hollier L, Stal S. Otoplasty: Evaluation, technique, and review. J Craniofac. Surg. 2003;14:643-653.
2. Paredes AA Jr, Williams JK, Elsahy NI. The constricted ear. Clin Plast Surg. 2002;29:289-299.
3. Macgregor FC. Ear deformities: social and psychological implications. Clin Plast Surg. 1978;5:347-350.
4. Horlock N, Vogelin E, Bradbury ET, Grobbelaar AO, Gault DT. Psychosocial outcome of patients after ear reconstruction: a retrospective study of 62 patient. Ann Plast Surg 2005; 54: 517-524
5. Mustarde´ JC. The treatment of prominent ears by buried mattress sutures: A ten-year survey. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1967; 39:382-386.
6. Furnas DW. Correction of prominent ears by conchomastoid sutures. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1968;42:189- 193.
7. Kapp Simon KA, Simon DJ, Kristovich S. Selfperception, social skills, adjustment, and inhibition in young adolescents with craniofacial anomalies. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 1992;29:352-356.
8. Endriga MC, Kapp Simon KA. Psychological issues in craniofacial care: state of the art. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 1999;36:3-11.
9. Janz BA, Cole P, Hollier LH Jr, Stal S. Treatment of prominent and constricted ear anomalies: Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009 Jul;124(1 Suppl):27e-37e.
10. Bruns TB, Worthington JM. Using tissue adhesive for wound repair: a practical guide to Dermabond. Am Fam Physician 61(5):1383-1388
11. Patel AJ, Price RD. The use of tissue glue in prominent ear correction surgery. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2011 Apr;35(2):245-7
12. Scrimshaw G. The 30-second otoplasty. Ann Plast Surg 10:86-87
13. Hallock GG. Expanded applications for octyl-2- cyanoacrylate as a tissue adhesive. Ann Plast Surg 46(2):185-189
14. Pérez-Barrero P, Rodrigo J, Elena E, Marqués MD. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001 Dec;108(7):2157-8.
15. Purcell EM, O'Neill AC, Regan PJ. A different type of 'glue ear': report of an unusual case of prominent ears. Ear Nose Throat J. 2003 Sep;82(9):702-3.