Bu çalışmanın amacı kadın voleybolculara uygulanan core ve düzeltici egzersizlerin, Fonksiyonel Hareket Taraması (FMS) test skorlarına etkisinin incelenmesidir. Çalışmaya 13 kadın voleybolcu (yaş= 27,53 ± 5,12 yıl) gönüllü olarak katılmıştır. Katılımcıların fonksiyonel hareketleri FMS test kiti ile belirlenmiştir. Voleybolculara haftada 3 gün olmak üzere 8 hafta boyunca core ve düzeltici egzersiz programı uygulanmıştır. Voleybolcuların FMS alt testleri ve FMS toplam puanları ile ön test ve uygulanan egzersiz programı sonrası son test puanlarının istatistiksel farkları Wilcoxon İşaretli Sıralar Testi ile belirlenmiştir. Yapılan istatistiksel analiz sonucunda voleybolcuların omuz hareketliliği, gövde rotasyon dengesi ve FMS toplam puanları son testte istatistiksel olarak anlamlı fark gösterdiği, diğer alt testlerden alınan puanların ise anlamlı fark olmamasına rağmen geliştiği belirlenmiştir. Uygulanan core ve düzeltici egzersizlerin voleybolcularda fonksiyonel hareket kalıplarını geliştirdiği ve yaralanma potansiyelini azalttığı bulunmuştur. Voleybolda sporcuların yaralanma risklerini azaltmak ve fonksiyonel hareket kalıplarını geliştirmek için antrenman programlarına core ve düzeltici egzersizlerin de eklenmesi önerilebilir.
The aim of this study is to examine the effect of core and corrective exercises on Functional Movement Screen (FMS) test results. Thirteen female volleyball players (age = 27.53 ± 5.12) participated in the study voluntarily. The functional movements of the participants were determined with the FMS test kit. Core and corrective exercise programs were applied to volleyball players for 8 weeks, 3 days a week. The statistical differences between the volleyball players' FMS subtests and FMS total scores and the pre-test and post-test scores after the exercise program were determined by the Wilcoxon Signed-Ranks Test. As a result of the statistical analysis, it was determined that the shoulder mobility, rotary stability and FMS total scores of the volleyball players showed a statistically significant difference in the posttest, and the scores from the other subtests improved although there was no significant difference. It has been found that applied core and corrective exercises improve functional movement patterns and reduce injury potential in volleyball players. In volleyball, it may be recommended to integrate core and corrective exercises to training programs to reduce the risk of injuries and improve functional movement patterns.
1. Afyon, Y. A. ve Boyacı, A. (2013). Investigation of the effects by compositely edited core- plyometric exercises in sedentary man on some physical and motoric parameters. International Journal of Academic Research, 5(3), 256-261.
2. Aka, H., Yilmaz, G., Aktug, Z. B., Akarçesme, C. ve Altundag, E. (2019). The comparison of the functional movement screen test results of volleyball national team players in different countries. Journal of Education and Learning, 8(1), 138-142.
3. Aktuğ, Z. B., Aka, H., Akarçeşme, C., Çelebi, M. M. ve Altundağ, E. (2019). Elit kadın voleybolcularda düzeltici egzersizlerin fonksiyonel hareket taraması test sonuçlarına etkileri. Spor Hekimliği Dergisi, 54(4), 233-241.
4. Altundağ, E., Soylu, Ç., Akarçeşme, C. ve Yıldırım, N. Ü. (2019). The relationship between ısokinetic shoulder muscle strength at diagonal pattern, serve speed and functional movement screen (FMSTM®) in female volleyball athletes. International Journal of Applied Exercise Physiology, 8(3.1), 126-135.
5. Aslan, C. S., Koç, H. ve Karakollukçu, M. (2015). Voleybol 1. liginde oynayan erkek sporcuların seçilmiş fiziksel, fizyolojik ve motorik özelliklerinin belirlenmesi. İnönü Üniversitesi Beden Eğitimi ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi, 2(3), 1-13.
6. Atan, T. (2013). Effect of jogging and core training after supramaximal exercise on recovery. Turkish Journal of Sport and Exercise, 15(1), 73-77.
7. Axel, T. A. (2013). The effects of a core strength training program on field testing performance out comes in junior elite surf athletes (Yüksek Lisans Tezi). California State University, Long Beach.
8. Bassett, S. H. ve Leach, L. L. (2011). The effect of an eight-week training programme on core stability in junior female elite gymnasts. African Journal for Physical, Health Education, Recreation and Dance, 17(3), 9-19.
9. Behm, D. G., Drinkwater, E. J., Willardson, J. M. ve Cowley, P. M. (2010). The use of instability to train the core musculature. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 35(1), 91-108.
10. Butler, R. J., Contreras, M., Burton, L. C., Plisky, P. J., Goode, A. ve Kiesel, K. (2013). Modifiable risk factors predict injuries in firefighters during training academies. Work, 46(1), 11-17.
11. Choi, E. H., Hur, J. K., Yang, J. I. ve Park, D. S. (2005). The effect of thoracic exercise program on thoracic pain, kyphosis, and spinal mobility. Arch Phys Med Rehabil, 86(9), e23.
12. Chorba, R. S, Chorba, D. J, Bouillon, L. E., Corey A. Overmyer, P. T., James A. ve Landis, M. D. (2010). Use of a functional movement screening tool to determine injury risk in female collegiate athletes. N Am J Sports Phys Ther (NAJSPT), 5(2), 47-54.
13. Cook, G., Burton, L. ve Hoogenboom, B. (2006a). Pre-participation screening: the use of fundamental movements as an assessment of function - part 1. N Am J Sports Phys Ther, 1(2), 62-72.
14. Cook, G, Burton, L. ve Hoogenboom, B. (2006b). Pre-participation screening: the use of fundamental movements as an assessment of function - part 2. N Am J Sports Phys Ther, 1(3), 132-9.
15. Cook, G. (2010). Movement: Functional Movement Systems. Screening-Assessment-Corrective Strategies. On target Publications: Santa Cruz, California, 408.
16. Cook, G., Burton, L., Hoogenboom, B. J. ve Voight, M. (2014). Functional movement screening: the use of fundamental movements as an assessment of function - part 1. Int J Sports Phys Ther, 9(3), 396-409.
17. Cowen, V. S. (2010). Functional fitness improvements after a worksite-based yoga initiative. J Bodyw Mov Ther, 14(1), 50-54.
18. Fig, G. (2005). Strength training for swimmers: training the core. Strength & Conditioning Journal, 27(2), 40-42.
19. FMSTM. Updates to the Functional Movement Screen: An Insider Interview with FMSTM Co-founders: FMSTM 2020 [Available from: https://www.functionalmovement.com/articles/908/updates_to_the_functional_movement_screen_an_insider_interview_with_FMSTM_co-founders.
20. Goss, D. L, Christopher, G. E, Faulk, R. T. ve Moore, J. (2009). Functional training program bridges rehabilitation and return to duty. J Spec Oper Med, 9(2), 29-48.
21. Güzel, N. ve Kafa, N. (2017). Sporcu sağlığı. Ankara: Sözkesen Matbaacılık.
22. Hibbs, A. E, Thompson, K. G, French, D., Wrigley, A. ve Spears, I. (2008). Optimizing performance by improving core stability and core strength. Sports medicine, 38(12), 995-1008.
23. Kiesel, K., Plisky, P. J. ve Voight, M. L. (2007). Can serious injury in professional football be predicted by a preseason functional movement screen? N Am J Sports Phys Ther (NAJSPT), 2(3), 147-58.
24. Kiesel, K., Plisky, P. ve Butler, R. (2011). Functional movement test scores improve following a standardized off-season intervention program in professional football players. Scand J. Med. Sci Sports, 21, 287-292.
25. Kiesel, K., Plisky, P. ve Kersey, P. (2008). Functional movement test score as a predictor of time- loss during a professional football team’s pre- season. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Conference, Indianapolis.
26. Kraus, K., Schütz, E., Taylor, W. R. ve Doyscher, R. (2014). Efficacy of the functional movement screen: a review. J. Strength Cond. Res, 28, 3571–3584.
27. Kurt, S. (2019). Yüzücülere uygulanan core egzersizlerinin fonksiyonel hareket tarama skorları ve sportif performans üzerine etkisi (Yüksek Lisans Tezi). Niğde Ömer Halisdemir Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Niğde.
28. Linek, P., Saulicz, E., Mysliwiec, A., Wójtowicz, M. ve Wolny, T. (2016). The effect of specific sling exercises on the fonctional movement screen in adolescent volleyball players: A preliminary study. J Hum Kinet, 15(54), 83-90.
29. Lockie, R., Schultz, A., Callaghan, S., Jordan, C., Luczo, T. ve Jeffriess, M. (2015). A preliminary investigation into the relationship between functional movement screen scores and athletic physical performance in female team sport athletes. Biol Sport, 32(1), 41-51.
30. MajidiSiahtan, S. ve Behbudi, L. (2015). The impact of 8-week selected pilates exercises on lordosis correction and BMI in female teens aged 15-18. Biological Forum International Journal, 7(1), 1267-71.
31. Minick, K. I., Kiesel, K. B., Burton, L., Taylor, A., Plisky, P. ve Butler, R. J. (2010). Interrater reliability of the functional movement screen. J. Strength Cond. Res, 24, 479–486.
32. Mokha, M., Sprague, P. A. ve Gatens, D. R. (2016). Predicting musculoskeletal injury in national collegiate athletic association division II athletes from asymmetries and individual-test versus composite functional movement screen scores. J Athl Train, 51(4), 276-82.
33. Onate, J. A., Dewey, T., Kollock, R. O., Thomas, K. S., Van Lunen, B. L., DeMaio, M. ve Ringleb, S. I. (2012). Real-time ıntersession and ınterrater reliability of the functional movement screen. J. Strength Cond. Res, 26(2), 408–415.
34. Samson, K. M. (2005). The effects of a five-week core stabilization-training program on dynamic balance in tennis athletes (Yüksek Lisans Tezi). West Virginia University, Morgantown.
35. Sprague, P. A., Mokha, G. M. ve Gatens, D. R. (2014). Changes in functional movement screen scores over a season in collegiate soccer and volleyball athletes. J Strength Cond Res, 28(11), 3155-3163.
36. Willardson, J. M (Ed). (2014). Developing the core. Human Kinetics: United States.