Bu çalışmanın amacı, erkek futbolcularda aralıklı ve statik germenin esneklik ve performans parametreleri (20m sprint - Dikey sıçrama) üzerine olan etkisini araştırmaktır. Bu araştırmanın örneklemini profesyonel futbol kulüplerinin alt yapılarında futbol oynayan 15-17 yaş aralığında olan toplam 63 futbolcu oluşturmuştur. Katılımcılar aralıklı germe, statik germe ve kontrol grubu olmak üzere toplam 3 gruba randomize olarak ayrılmışlardır. Statik germe grubundaki futbolculara 30sn’lik 2 set olarak germe uygulanırken aralıklı germe grubunda 10sn’lik 3 tekrar ve 2 set olarak germe uygulanmıştır. Her iki grupta da germe ve dinlenim süreleri eşit tutulmuştur. Futbolcuların esneklik seviyeleri, dikey sıçrama ve 20 m sprint performansları germe uygulamaları öncesinde ve sonrasında ikişer kez ölçülmüştür. Farklı germe yöntemleri sonrasında uygulanan esneklik, dikey sıçrama ve sprint performansı ölçümlerinde test öncesine göre statik germe grubunda dikey sıçrama ve sprint performansı negatif yönde etkilenirken, aralıklı germe grubunda dikey sıçrama ve sprint performansında herhangi bir değişim bulunmamıştır. Statik ve aralıklı germe grubu esneklik seviyelerinde test öncesi verilerine göre anlamlı bir artış bulunmuştur. Gruplar arası ortalama farklarında statik grubu ile kontrol grubu arasında anlamlı bir fark bulunmasına karşın aralıklı germe ile statik germe grupları arasında bir fark tespit edilmemiştir. Statik germe yöntemi sprint ve dikey sıçrama performansını negatif yönde etkilerken, aralıklı germe yönteminde ise bu performans parametreleri üzerinde negatif veya pozitif yönde bir etki tespit edilmemiştir. Her iki germe türü de esneklik seviyesinde bir artışa neden olmuştur. Sonuç olarak ısınma periyodunda statik germe yöntemi yerine aralıklı germe yönteminin kullanılmasının daha yararlı olacağı düşünülmektedir.
The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of Cyclic and Static Stretching on flexibility and performance parameter (20m sprint-Vertical Jump) parameters in male soccer players. A total of 63 professional soccer players aged 15-17 years participated in this study. Participants were randomly divided into three groups that were cyclic stretching, static stretching and control group. In static stretching group were applied 30-seconds and 2-sets whereas in cyclic stretching group 10-seconds, 3-rept. and 2-sets were applied. In both groups stretching and rest periods were equally applied totally. Soccer players' flexibility levels, vertical jump and 20m sprint performances were measured twice before and after the practice. In the results of different stretching methods, there was not any change in vertical jump and sprint performances in the cyclic stretching group whereas there was a statistically significant difference in both vertical jump and sprint performance were effected negative direction in the static stretching group. When we compared the pre-test and post-test data, level of flexibility significantly increased in both static and cyclic group. Although there was significant difference flexibility, vertical jump and sprint performance between the static group and the control group but there were not any difference between the cyclic stretching and the static stretching groups. Despite increased of flexibility; there was not any significant difference between control group and cyclic group too. The static stretching method affected sprint and vertical jump performance negatively while the cyclic stretching method did not any change on the this performance parameters. Both cyclic and static stretching caused an increase in the level of flexibility. As a result, it is better to use the cyclic stretching method instead of the static stretching method in the warming period.
1. Ahmed, H., Iqbal, A., Anwer, S. ve Alghadir, A. (2015). Effect of modified hold-relax stretching and static stretching on hamstring muscle flexibility. Journal of Physical Therapy Science, 27(2), 535-538.
2. Avela, J., Kyrolainen, H. ve Komi, P. V. (1999). Altered reflex sensitivity after repeated and prolonged passive muscle stretching. Journal of Applied Physiology, 86(4), 1283-1291.
3. Bacurau, R. F. P., Monteiro, G. A., Ugrinowitsch, C., Tricoli, V., Cabral, L. F. ve Aoki, M. S. (2009). Acute effect of a ballistic and a static stretching exercise bout on flexibility and maximal strength. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 23(1), 304-308.
4. Behm, D. G. ve Chaouachi, A. (2011). A review of the acute effects of static and dynamic stretching on performance. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 111(11), 2633-2651.
5. Behm, D. G., Bradbury, E. E., Haynes, A. T., Hodder, J. N., Leonard, A. M. ve Paddock, N. R. (2006). Flexibility is not related to stretch-induced deficits in force or power. Journal of Sports Science & Medicine, 5(1), 33.
6. Bradley, P. S., Olsen, P. D. ve Portas, M. D. (2007). The effect of static, ballistic, and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation stretching on vertical jump performance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 21(1), 223.
7. Bressel, E. ve McNair, P. J. (2002). The effect of prolonged static and cyclic stretching on ankle joint stiffness, torque relaxation, and gait in people with stroke. Physical Therapy, 82(9), 880-887.
8. Chaouachi, A., Chamari, K., Wong, P., Castagna, C., Chaouachi, M., Moussa-Chamari, I. ve Behm, D. G. (2008). Stretch and sprint training reduces stretch-induced sprint performance deficits in 13-to-15-year-old youth. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 104(3), 515.
9. Cheung, K., Hume, P. A. ve Maxwell, L. (2003). Delayed onset muscle soreness. Sports Medicine, 33(2), 145-164.
10. Cornwell, A. (2001). Acute effects of muscle stretching on vertical jump performance. J Hum Mov Studies, 40, 307-324.
11. Cornwell, A., Nelson, A. G. ve Sidaway, B. (2002). Acute effects of stretching on the neuromechanical properties of the triceps surae muscle complex. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 86(5), 428-434.
12. Cramer, J. T., Housh, T. J., Johnson, G. O., Miller, J. M., Coburn, J. W. ve Beck, T. W. (2004). Acute effects of static stretching on peak torque in women. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 18(2), 236-241.
13. Cramer, J. T., Housh, T. J., Weir, J. P., Johnson, G. O., Coburn, J. W. ve Beck, T. W. (2005). The acute effects of static stretching on peak torque, mean power output, electromyography, and mechanomyography. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 93(5-6), 530-539.
14. Çelik, A. (2017). Acute effects of cyclic versus static stretching on shoulder flexibility, strength, and spike speed in volleyball players. Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation, 63(2), 124.
15. Dolci, F., Hart, N. H., Kilding, A. E., Chivers, P., Piggott, B. ve Spiteri, T. (2020). Physical and energetic demand of soccer: A brief review. Strength & Conditioning Journal, 42(3), 70-77.
16. Ebben, W. P. ve Blackard, D. O. (2001). Strength and conditioning practices of National Football League strength and conditioning coaches. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 15(1), 48-58.
17. Fletcher, I. M. ve Jones, B. (2004). The effect of different warm-up stretch protocols on 20 meter sprint performance in trained rugby union players. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 18(4), 885-888.
18. Fletcher, I. M. ve Monte-Colombo, M. M. (2010). An investigation into the possible physiological mechanisms associated with changes in performance related to acute responses to different preactivity stretch modalities. Applied physiology, Nutrition, And Metabolism, 35(1), 27-34.
19. Fowles, J. R., Sale, D. G. ve MacDougall, J. D. (2000). Reduced strength after passive stretch of the human plantarflexors. Journal of Applied Physiology, 89(3), 1179-1188.
20. Franco, B. L., Signorelli, G. R., Trajano, G. S. ve de Oliveira, C. G. (2008). Acute effects of different stretching exercises on muscular endurance. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 22(6), 1832-1837.
21. Guissard, N. ve Duchateau, J. (2006). Neural aspects of muscle stretching. Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews, 34(4), 154-158.
22. Holt, B. W. ve Lambourne, K. (2008). The impact of different warm-up protocols on vertical jump performance in male collegiate athletes. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 22(1), 226-229.
23. Hough, P. A., Ross, E. Z. ve Howatson, G. (2009). Effects of dynamic and static stretching on vertical jump performance and electromyographic activity. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 23(2), 507-512.
24. Kokkonen, J., Nelson, A. G. ve Cornwell, A. (1998). Acute muscle stretching inhibits maximal strength performance. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 69(4), 411-415.
25. Konrad, A. ve Tilp, M. (2020). The time course of muscle-tendon unit function and structure following three minutes of static stretching. Journal of Sports Science & Medicine, 19(1), 52.
26. Kubo, K., Kanehisa, H. ve Fukunaga, T. (2001). Is passive stiffness in human muscles related to the elasticity of tendon structures?. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 85(3-4), 226-232.
27. Little, T. ve Williams, A. G. (2006). Effects of differential stretching protocols during warm-ups on high speed motor capacities in professional soccer players. Journal of strength and conditioning research, 20(1), 203-7.
28. Magnusson, S. P., Aagard, P., Simonsen, E., & Bojsen-Møller, F. (1998). A biomechanical evaluation of cyclic and static stretch in human skeletal muscle. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 19(05), 310-316.
29. Magnusson, S. P., Simonsen, E. B., Aagaard, P. ve Kjaer, M. (1996). Biomechanical responses to repeated stretches in human hamstring muscle in vivo. The American journal of Sports Medicine, 24(5), 622-628.
30. Marek, S. M., Cramer, J. T., Fincher, A. L., Massey, L. L., Dangelmaier, S. M., Purkayastha, S., ... ve Culbertson, J. Y. (2005). Acute effects of static and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation stretching on muscle strength and power output. Journal of Athletic Training, 40(2), 94.
31. Mattes, A. L. (1996). Active isolated stretching. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, 1(1), 28-33.
32. McNair, P. J., Dombroski, E. W., Hewson, D. J. ve Stanley, S. N. (2001). Stretching at the ankle joint: viscoelastic responses to holds and continuous passive motion. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 33(3), 354-358.
33. McNeal, J. R. ve Sands, W. A. (2006). Stretching for performance enhancement. Current Sports Medicine Reports, 5(3), 141-146.
34. Mohr, M., Krustrup, P., Nybo, L., Nielsen, J. J. ve Bangsbo, J. (2004). Muscle temperature and sprint performance during soccer matches–beneficial effect of re‐warm‐up at half‐time. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 14(3), 156-162.
35. Muratlı, S. ve Sevim, Y. (1993). Antrenman bilgisi. Anadolu Üniversitesi Yayın, (583), 76-77.
36. Nagle, E. F. (2010). Effect of single set dynamic and static stretching exercise on jump height in college age recreational athletes. International Journal of Exercise Science, 3(4), 8.
37. Nelson, A. G., Kokkonen, J. ve Eldredge, C. (2005). Strength inhibition following an acute stretch is not limited to novice stretchers. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 76(4), 500-506.
38. Nordez, A., McNair, P. J., Casari, P. ve Cornu, C. (2010). Static and cyclic stretching: Their different effects on the passive torque–angle curve. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 13(1), 156-160.
39. Nordez, A., McNair, P., Casari, P. ve Cornu, C. (2008). Acute changes in hamstrings musculo-articular dissipative properties induced by cyclic and static stretching. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 29(05), 414-418.
40. Ogura, Y., Miyahara, Y., Naito, H., Katamoto, S. ve Aoki, J. (2007). Duration of static stretching influences muscle force production in hamstring muscles. Journal of Strength And Conditioning Research, 21(3), 788.
41. Power, K., Behm, D., Cahill, F., Carroll, M. ve Young, W. (2004). An acute bout of static stretching: effects on force and jumping performance. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 36(8), 1389-1396.
42. Proske, U. ve Morgan, D. L. (1999). Do cross-bridges contribute to the tension during stretch of passive muscle?. Journal of Muscle Research & Cell Motility, 20(5-6), 433-442.
43. Reilly, T., Secher, N., Snell, P. ve Williams, C. (1990). Physiology of sports: An overview. Physiology of Sports, 465-485.
44. Roberts, J. M. ve Wilson, K. (1999). Effect of stretching duration on active and passive range of motion in the lower extremity. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 33(4), 259-263.
45. Sands, W. A., McNeal, J. R., Murray, S. R., Ramsey, M. W., Sato, K., Mizuguchi, S. ve Stone, M. H. (2013). Stretching and its effects on recovery: a review. Strength & Conditioning Journal, 35(5), 30-36.
46. Šarabon, N., Hostnik, J. ve Markovic, G. (2020). Acute effects of aerobic activity, static stretching, and explosive exercises on muscular performance and range of motion of young soccer players. International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching, 15(5-6), 706-716.
47. Schilling, B. K. ve Stone, M. H. (2000). Stretching: Acute effects on strength and power performance. Strength & Conditioning Journal, 22(1), 44.
48. Shrier, I. (2004). Does stretching improve performance?: A systematic and critical review of the literature. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, 14(5), 267-273.
49. Sato, S., Kiyono, R., Takahashi, N., Yoshida, T., Takeuchi, K. ve Nakamura, M. (2020). The acute and prolonged effects of 20-s static stretching on muscle strength and shear elastic modulus. Plos One, 15(2), 1-10.
50. Taylor, D. C., Dalton JR, J. D., Seaber, A. V. ve Garrett JR, W. E. (1990). Viscoelastic properties of muscle-tendon units: the biomechanical effects of stretching. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 18(3), 300-309.
51. Wallmann, H. W., Mercer, J. A. ve McWhorter, J. W. (2005). Surface electromyographic assessment of the effect of static stretching of the gastrocnemius on vertical jump performance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 19(3), 684.
52. Westwater-Wood, S., Adams, N. ve Kerry, R. (2010). The use of proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation in physiotherapy practice. Physical Therapy Reviews, 15(1), 23-28.
53. Winchester, J. B., Nelson, A. G. ve Kokkonen, J. (2009). A single 30-s stretch is sufficient to inhibit maximal voluntary strength. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 80(2), 257-261.
54. Young, W. B. ve Behm, D. G. (2003). Effects of running, static stretching and practice jumps on explosive force production and jumping performance. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, 43(1), 21-27.
55. Young, W., Elias, G. ve Power, J. (2006). Effects of static stretching volume and intensity on plantar flexor explosive force production and range of motion. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, 46(3), 403.
56. Young, W. ve Behm, D. (2002). Should static stretching be used during a warm-up for strength and power activities?. Strength and Conditioning Journal, 24, 33-37. 10.1519/00126548-200212000-00006.