Öz Five dead Holland lop breed rabbits bought from a pet shop and reared in a garden were presented to our laboratory with diarrhea and mortality as symptoms. Aeromonas hydrophila was isolated from the internal organs and fecal samples of these rabbits and the case is presented.
1. Abdel-GwadAM, Abdel-Rahman AA, (2004). Isolation and significance of Aeromonas hydrophila group in farmed rabbits. Assiut University B EnvironRes. 7 (1), 85-93.
2. Alderman DJ, Smith P, (2001). Development of draft protocols of Standard reference methods for antimicrobial agent susceptibility testing of bacteria associated with fish diseases. Aquaculture. 196, 211-243.
3. Arda M, Minbay A, Aydın N, (1982). Özel Mikrobiyoloji, bakteriyel infeksiyöz hastalıklar, A.O. Basımevi, AU Veteriner Fakültesi, Yayın No. 386, Ankara.
4. Forbes B, Sahm D, Weissfeld A, (2002). Bailey Scott’s Diagnostic Microbiology. MosbyInc., St. Louis, MO, ed. 11. 423-433.
5. Janda JM, Abbott SL, (2010).The Genus Aeromonas: Taxonomy, Pathogenicity, and Infection. Clin MicrobiolRev. 23(1), 35-73.
6. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (NCCLS), (2000). Methods For Dilution Antimicrobial Susceptibility Tests For Bacteria That Grow Aerobically- Fifth Edition: Approved Standard M7-A5, Nccls, Wayne, Pa, Usa.
7. Paniagua C, Argüello-Villares JL, Arias MA, Herreros M, (1998). Aeromonas hydrophila associated with a severe outbreak of infection in farmed rabbits. Zentralbl Hyg Umweltmed. 201 (4-5), 423-30.
8. Parker JL, Shaw JG, (2011). Aeromonas spp. Clinical microbiology and disease. J Infect. 62 (2), 109-18.