Amaç: Farklı düzeylerde eklenen enginar ekstraktının (%0, 0.5 ve 1.0) tavada veya fırında pişirilen köftelerde heterosiklik aromatik aminlerin (HAA) oluşumunu azaltıcı etkisinin incelenmesidir. Gereç ve Yöntem: Köfteler, üç farklı sıcaklıkta (150, 200 ve 250°C) pişirilmiş ve 12 HAA (IQ, IQx, MeIQ, MeIQx, 4,8-DiMeIQx, 7,8 DiMeIQx, PhIP, harman, norharman, A?C, MeA?C ve Trp-P-2) açısından değerlendirilmiştir. Bulgular: Köftelerin toplam HAA içerikleri 0.2 ile 2.48 ng/g aralığında saptanmıştır. Enginar ekstraktının toplam HAA düzeyleri üzerine azaltıcı etkisi %2-83 olarak saptanmıştır. Sonuç: Bu çalışma enginar ekstraktının HAA oluşumunu azaltabileceğini ve inhibitör etkisinin konsantrasyona bağlı olarak değiştiğini göstermiştir
Aim: The aim of this study was to investigate the inhibitory effect of different levels of artichoke extract (0, 0.5, and 1.0%) on the formation of heterocyclic aromatic amines (HAAs) in meatballs cooked by either pan-frying or oven-roasting. Material and Methods: All meat samples were cooked at three different temperatures (150, 200, and 250 °C) and the levels of 12 HAAs (IQ, IQx, MeIQ, MeIQx, 4,8-DiMeIQx, 7,8-DiMeIQx, PhIP, harman, norharman, AαC, MeAαC, and Trp-P-2) were assessed. Results: The total HAA content ranged from 0.2 to 2.48 ng/g. The inhibitory effects of artichoke extracts on total HAAs levels were found to be between 2-83%. Conclusion: The present study showed that artichoke extracts could mitigate HAA formation and inhibitory effects of artichoke extract are concentration-dependent
1. Sugimura T. Food and cancer. Toxicol 2002;181:17-21.
2. Oz F, Kaban G, Kaya M. Effects of cooking methods and levels on formation of heterocyclic aromatic amines in chicken and fish with Oasis extraction method. LWTFood Sci Technol 2010;43(9):1345-1350.
3. Skog K. Problems associated with the determination of heterocyclic amines in cooked foods and human exposure. Food Chem Toxicol 2002;40(8):1197-1203.
4. Kizil M, Oz F, Besler HT. A review on the formation of carcinogenic/mutagenic heterocyclic aromatic amines. J Food Process Technol 2011;2(120):2.
5. Kikugawa K. Involvement of free radicals in the formation of heterocyclic amines and prevention by antioxidants. Cancer Lett 1999;143(2):123-126.
6. Milić BiL, Djilas SM, Canadanović-Brunet JM. Synthesis of some heterocyclic aminoimidazoazarenes. Food Chem 1993;46(3):273-276.
7. Balogh Z, Gray J, Gomaa E, Booren A. Formation and inhibition of heterocyclic aromatic amines in fried ground beef patties. Food Chem Toxicol 2000;38(5):395-401.
8. Britt C, Gomaa EA, Gray JI, Booren AM. Influence of cherry tissue on lipid oxidation and heterocyclic aromatic amine formation in ground beef patties. J Agric Food Chem 1998;46(12):4891-4897.
9. Oguri A, Suda M, Totsuka Y, Sugimura T, Wakabayashi K. Inhibitory effects of antioxidants on formation of heterocyclic amines. Mutat Res 1998;402(1):237-245.
10. Weisburger JH, Nagao M, Wakabayashi K, Oguri A. Prevention of heterocyclic amine formation by tea and tea polyphenols. Cancer Lett 1994;83(1-2):143-147.
11. Xu M, Bailey A, Hernaez J, Taoka C, Schut H, Dashwood R. Protection by green tea, black tea, and indole-3-carbinol against 2-amino-3-methylimidazo [4, 5-f] quinoline-induced DNA adducts and colonic aberrant crypts in the F344 rat. Carcinogenesis 1996;17(7):1429-1434.
12. Shin H-S, Strasburg GM, Gray JI. A model system study of the inhibition of heterocyclic aromatic amine formation by organosulfur compounds. J Agric Food Chem 2002;50(26):7684-7690.
13. Shin H-S, Park H, Park D. Influence of different oligosaccharides and inulin on heterocyclic aromatic amine formation and overall mutagenicity in fried ground beef patties. J Agric Food Chem 2003;51(23):6726- 6730.
14. Friedman M. Food browning and its prevention: an overview. J Agric Food Chem 1996;44(3):631-653.
15. Trompeta V, O’Brien J. Inhibition of mutagen formation by organosulfur compounds. J Agric Food Chem 1998;46(10):4318-4323.
16. Haskaraca G, Demirok E, Kolsarıcı N, Öz F, Özsaraç N. Effect of green tea extract and microwave pre-cooking on the formation of heterocyclic aromatic amines in fried chicken meat products. Food Res Int 2014;63:373- 581.
17. Keşkekoğlu H, Üren A. Inhibitory effects of pomegranate seed extract on the formation of heterocyclic aromatic amines in beef and chicken meatballs after cooking by four different methods. Meat Sci 2014;96(4):1446- 1451.
18. Pereira C, Calhelha RC, Barros L, Ferreira IC. Antioxidant properties, anti-hepatocellular carcinoma activity and hepatotoxicity of artichoke, milk thistle and borututu. Ind Crops Prod 2013;49:61-65.
19. Garbetta A, Capotorto I, Cardinali A, D’Antuono I, Linsalata V, Pizzi F, et al. Antioxidant activity induced by main polyphenols present in edible artichoke heads: influence of in vitro gastro-intestinal digestion. J Funct Foods 2014;10:456-464.
20. Wider B, Pittler MH, Thompson-Coon J, Ernst E. Artichoke leaf extract for treating hypercholesterolaemia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2013;3.
21. Polak T, Došler D, Žlender B, Gašperlin L. Heterocyclic amines in aged and thermally treated pork longissimus dorsi muscle of normal and PSE quality. LWT-Food Sci Technol 2009;42(2):504-513.
22. Serpen A, Gökmen V. Evaluation of the Maillard reaction in potato crisps by acrylamide, antioxidant capacity and color. J Food Compost Anal 2009;22(6):589-595.
23. Gaebler D, Jones S, Mandigo R. Adaptation of microplate reader for measuring oxidative rancidity in meat products. Meat Sci 2002;62(2):193-198.
24. Kerth C, Rowe C. Improved sensitivity for determining thiobarbituric acid reactive substances in ground beef. Meat Sci 2016;117:85-88.
25. Messner C, Murkovic M. Evaluation of a new model system for studying the formation of heterocyclic amines. J Chromatogr B 2004;802(1):19-26.
26. Jones M, Hoffman LC, Muller M. Effect of rooibos extract (Aspalathus linearis) on lipid oxidation over time and the sensory analysis of blesbok (Damaliscus pygargus phillipsi) and springbok (Antidorcas marsupialis) droëwors. Meat Sci 2015;103:54-60.
27. Oz F, Celik T. Proximate composition, color and nutritional profile of raw and cooked goose meat with different methods. J Food Process Preserv 2015;39(6):2442-2454.
28. Modi V, Yashoda K, Naveen S. Effect of carrageenan and oat flour on quality characteristics of meat kofta. Int J Food Prop 2009;12(1):228-242.
29. Sayas-Barberá E, Quesada J, Sánchez-Zapata E, ViudaMartos M, Fernández-López F, Pérez-Alvarez J, et al. Effect of the molecular weight and concentration of chitosan in pork model burgers. Meat Sci 2011;88(4):740-749.
30. Gibis M, Weiss J. Antioxidant capacity and inhibitory effect of grape seed and rosemary extract in marinades on the formation of heterocyclic amines in fried beef patties. Food Chem 2012;134(2):766-774.
31. Rodriguez-Estrada M, Penazzi G, Caboni M, Bertacco G, Lercker G. Effect of different cooking methods on some lipid and protein components of hamburgers. Meat Sci 1997;45(3):365-375.
32. del Pulgar JS, Gázquez A, Ruiz-Carrascal J. Physicochemical, textural and structural characteristics of sous-vide cooked pork cheeks as affected by vacuum, cooking temperature, and cooking time. Meat Sci 2012;90(3):828-835.
33. Gerber N, Scheeder M, Wenk C. The influence of cooking and fat trimming on the actual nutrient intake from meat. Meat Sci 2009;81(1):148-154.
34. Gibis M, Weiss J. Inhibitory effect of marinades with hibiscus extract on formation of heterocyclic aromatic amines and sensory quality of fried beef patties. Meat Sci 2010;85(4):735-742.
35. Ahn J, Grün IU. Heterocyclic amines: 2. Inhibitory effects of natural extracts on the formation of polar and nonpolar heterocyclic amines in cooked beef. J Food Sci 2005;70(4):C263-C268.
36. Liao G, Xu X, Zhou G. Effects of cooked temperatures and addition of antioxidants on formation of heterocyclic aromatic amines in pork floss. J Food Process Preserv 2009;33(2):159-175.
37. Rao VK, Kowale B, Babu N, Bisht G. Effect of cooking and storage on lipid oxidation and development of cholesterol oxidation products in water buffalo meat. Meat Sci 1996;43(2):179-185.
38. Hernández P, Navarro J, Toldrá F. Lipids of pork meat as affected by various cooking techniques. Food Sci Tech Int 1999;5(6):501-508.
39. Roldan M, Antequera T, Armenteros M, Ruiz J. Effect of different temperature–time combinations on lipid and protein oxidation of sous-vide cooked lamb loins. Food Chem 2014;149:129-136.
40. Jongberg S, Skov SH, Tørngren MA, Skibsted LH, Lund MN. Effect of white grape extract and modified atmosphere packaging on lipid and protein oxidation in chill stored beef patties. Food Chem 2011;128(2):276- 283.
41. Bastida S, Sánchez-Muniz FJ, Olivero R, Pérez-Olleros L, Ruiz-Roso B, Jiménez-Colmenero F. Antioxidant activity of Carob fruit extracts in cooked pork meat systems during chilled and frozen storage. Food Chem 2009;116(3):748-754.
42. Selani M, Contreras-Castillo C, Shirahigue L, Gallo C, Plata-Oviedo M, Montes-Villanueva N. Wine industry residues extracts as natural antioxidants in raw and cooked chicken meat during frozen storage. Meat Sci 2011;88(3):397-403.
43. Tsen SY, Ameri F, Smith J. Effects of rosemary extracts on the reduction of heterocyclic amines in beef patties. J Food Sci 2006;71(8):C469-C473.
44. Jamali MA, Zhang Y, Teng H, Li S, Wang F, Peng Z. Inhibitory effect of rosa rugosa tea extract on the formation of heterocyclic amines in meat patties at different temperatures. Molecules 2016;21(2):173.
45. Pais P, Salmon CP, Knize MG, Felton JS. Formation of mutagenic/carcinogenic heterocyclic amines in dryheated model systems, meats, and meat drippings. J Agric Food Chem 1999;47(3):1098-1108.
46. Fay LB, Ali S, Gross GA. Determination of heterocyclic aromatic amines in food products: automation of the sample preparation method prior to HPLC and HPLCMS quantification. Mut Res 1997;376(1):29-35.
47. Zeng M, Zhang M, He Z, Qin F, Tao G, Zhang S, et al. Inhibitory profiles of chilli pepper and capsaicin on heterocyclic amine formation in roast beef patties. Food Chem 2017;221:404-411.
48. Johansson M, Jägerstad M. Influence of proand antioxidants on the formation of mutageniccarcinogenic heterocyclic amines in a model system. Food Chem 1996;56(1):69-75.
49. Sabally K, Sleno L, Jauffrit J-A, Iskandar MM, Kubow S. Inhibitory effects of apple peel polyphenol extract on the formation of heterocyclic amines in pan fried beef patties. Meat Sci 2016;117:57-62.