This paper examines the effects of fabric structural parameters such as pile yarn count (Ne 30, Ne 26 and Ne 24), ground yarn count (90 Td and 70 Td), and pile loop height (2.2 mm, 2.5 mm and 2.8 mm) on the properties of stiffness and absorbency in the pile loop and the cut-pile loop knit fabrics. For this aim, thirty samples were produced and then the absorbency and softness values of these samples were tested with standard test methods. Consequently, it was seen that sinker height and pile cut process have been effective on hydrophilicity and softness.
1. Anonymous, 1996.
2. Spencer D.J., 2001, "Knitting Technology: A Comprehensive Handbook and Practical Guide", Woodhead Publishing Limited, Abington Hall, Cambridge, England.
3. Schäch W., 1989, "What Is Meant By Cut Plush", Knitting Technology.
4. http://www.academia.edu/9506343/ Weft_Knitting.
5. Knapton J.J.F., 1968, "Knitting Performance of Wool Yams: Effects of Yarn/Metal Friction, Stitch Length, and Cover Factor on Knitting Performance". Textile Research Journal, (31)8, pp: 22-28.
6. Knapton J.J.F., Ahrens F.J., Ingenthron W.W., and Fong W., 1968, "The Dimensional Properties of Knitted Wool Fabrics", Textile Research Journal, (3108), pp: 1013-1026.
7. Knapton J.J.F., 1968, "Geometry of Complex Knitted Structures", Textile Research Journal, (399), pp: 889-892.
8. Anand S.C. and Lawton P.J., 1987, "The Dimensional Properties of Single Jersey Loop Pile Fabrics, Part I: Studies of Fabrics with Flat ContinuousFilament Yarns Used in the Ground Structure", Journal of the Textile Institute, 78, pp: 326-348.
9. Anand, S.C. and Lawton, P.J., 1987, "The Dimensional Properties of Single Jersey Loop Pile Fabrics, Part II: Studies of Fabrics with Textured ContinuousFilament Yarns in the Ground Structure", Journal of the Textile Institute, 78, pp: 349-356.
10. Anand, S.C. and Lawton P.J., 1991, "The Development of Knitted Structures for Filtration", Journal of the Textile Institute, 82, pp: 297-308.
11. Choi M.S. and Ashdown S.P., 2000, “Effect of Changes in Knit Structure and Density on the Mechanical and Hand Properties of Weft-Knitted Fabrics for Outerwear". Textile Research Journal, 70, pp: 1033-1045.
12. Kim S.H., Kim S.J. and Oh K.W., 2003, "Water Absorption and Mechanical Properties of Pile-Knit Fabrics Based on Conjugate N/P Microfibers", Textile Research Journal, 73, pp: 489-495.
13. Ucar N. and Karakas, H.C., 2005, "Effect of Lyocell Blend Yarn and Pile Type on the Properties of Pile Loop Knit Fabrics", Textile Research Journal, 75, pp: 352-356.
14. Uyanik S., Zervent Unal, B. and Celik N., 2015, "Examining of the Effect of Fabric Structural Parameters on Dimensional and Aesthetic Properties in Pile Loop and Cut-Pile Loop Knit Fabrics", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 4, Issue 9.
15. Uyanik S., 2016, "Investigation of the Effect of Pile Height and Yarn Linear Density on the Performance Properties of Pile Loop and Cut-Pile Loop Knit Fabrics", Fibres & Textiles in Eastern Europe, 24(1), pp: 95-100.