Dergi hakkında bilgi.
Guidelines for Article Submissions
CINEJ is interested in exciting new work in the field of cinema and media studies. To submit a manuscript for consideration please read the following guidelines:
To be considered for review, manuscripts should be between 4,000-8,000 words long. Word count includes endnotes. Book reviews should range between 1,200 - 1,800 words. Manuscripts should be a maximum of 30 pages in length (including the abstract and all references, tables, figures, appendices, and endnotes). Page 1 must include an abstract (maximum of 120 words) and selected keywords (at least 5 of author's own).
Page 2 starts with title and main text. Standard type (12-point font, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 1.0 inch margins) should be used throughout. Running head and page numbers on top right corner (header) of each page. References are double-spaced; 2nd and subsequent lines should have hanging indent of 0.5 inch (References should also start on a new page).
All tables, figures, appendices and endnotes should be placed after references. Submit only 1 main document (including all tables, figures and appendices) in WORD format (.doc) extension. Submissions should follow the format specified by the Chicago Manual of Style (16th Edition). All bibliographic information should be in endnotes, and submissions should not include an additional bibliography.
Frame enlargements or other illustrative materials must be supplied by authors who are responsible for obtaining permission to publish them in cases where Fair Use does not apply. Digital frame grabs should have a minimum resolution of 250-300 dpi. CINEJ only accepts electronic submissions. All file attachments should be in the form of MS Word documents only. CINEJ does not accept manuscripts in PDF format.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
with the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a pre-publication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.